PDA

View Full Version : Aero-care Perth

Hill Roller
23rd Dec 2008, 05:55
Howdy all,
Could anyone please tell me what it is like to work for Aero-care in Perth?
They didn't seem to get much positive feedback in a few older threads (although that was the east coast operations)
Would it be held against me that im a pilot? I wish to work there part time while trying to self study atpl's.
Any additional info regarding pay/conditions would be nice also

Thanks,
Hill Roller

Swift6
23rd Dec 2008, 09:01
What ever you do don't mention your a pilot!!! You have no interest in aircraft whatsoever! :}

topend3
23rd Dec 2008, 10:45
yeah good move not to mention you are a pilot.

they used to avoid employing students as they tend to be harder to work around roster wise.

mate you wont have a problem getting a job there, they have heaps more work and are screaming out for reliable people.

its not bad there, but its hard work, some people dont realise that and dont last long.

FRQ Charlie Bravo
23rd Dec 2008, 12:53
I don't know what the money is like but I have to say that I made more with Alpha Flight Services than any other aviation job I've held (GA Pilot included). They give you some pretty crazy hours (1530 - 0130 or 0330 - 1330) but with penalties I would have been on about $75k pa Net. As I'm still chasing the dragon I gave it up for a job with 1/2 as much pay but reasonable hours (I laugh at the Alpha mob who had to get up earlier than me as I drive past at 0430).

With an ASIC you'll be put on straight away. Don't get me wrong though, it's catering work and aside from loading the planes (about 4 hours of 10) there's not much aviation contact.

FRQ CB

PS All the airline food you can eat ('cause they feed you, not because you're stealing the dirty leftovers)

tasdevil.f27
24th Dec 2008, 01:50
They are no worse than any other handling agency around, can think of a lot worse handling agents than AC. I know a couple of people who work for them on the east coast and have no issues. They were being paid around $18 per hour last time I heard. FYI, Oceania Aviation pay $19 an hour & $21 on weekends.

The worst agent i know of pays $13 whislt on 3 months probation, then get $16 per hour!