PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Military Ramping It Up!

Roger Sofarover
22nd Dec 2008, 16:11
It appears, according to Al Jazeera, that the Pakistan Air Force has 'gone into a state of heightened alert', and all major cities have CAP's over them at the moment, to protect against 'a pre-emptive strike':confused::confused:

The channel is showing jets over Islamabad and saying that their source/journalist has stated that the Air Force may increase the alert state to 'Red Alert':eek:

Two countries with Nukes and one of them is overtly ramping it up:eek:

mmm! The Season of Goodwill!

BOAC
22nd Dec 2008, 16:20
What will happen to all those delightful helpful 'Help Centres' that we know and love if it goes 'Nuclear' - there could be SOME good news in it all.:ok:

Roger Sofarover
22nd Dec 2008, 16:59
Latest Link

Here (http://english.aljazeera.net/news/asia/2008/12/20081222102547699277.html)

Double Zero
22nd Dec 2008, 18:20
I'm with India on this one;

and their 'overflights' may well have been recce', as much as sabre-rattling.

It's time Southern Pakistan did something about their 'porous' border, and large amounts of assistance to Taliban etc; if that means buying off the locals, then so be it - better than military action which only gets up one's nose if your donkey / poppy field / granny gets a rocket up the arse..

I have found the books by journalists John Simpson & especially Michael Buerk most interesting; they are not lefties, and both put their lives - let alone careers - on the line many times.

In both cases they'd covered war after war, atrocity after atrocity - they thought they'd seen the worst to offer until they got to Afghanistan & met the locals, who they reckoned a whole different ball game.

We all know that if the Russians with their attitude & kit couldn't win, our guys & gals with poor kit & playing to the rules are not going to get anywhere.

In a perfect world, just pull out then isolate the bu**ers like crazy - if they like early medieval conditions so much, let them enjoy.

There, you who were waiting on the edge of your seats for my comfy armchair report can rest easy now.

minigundiplomat
29th Dec 2008, 18:03
I'd be more worried about Obama's plans for Pakistan, than India's. He has pleged to take the war across the border if the Taliban aren't kept in their box. An impossible task, and an impossible situation.

The Indians are just p1ssed off about Mumbai, and given their fairly stable (for that region) nature, will no doubt disist from sabre rattling once Pakistan is worried enough.

Of course, if your citizens keep getting linked with terrorism around the globe, you run the risk of the US of A posting you complaints on an ICBM.

FrankAbagnale
9th Feb 2009, 01:05
Pakistan Zindabad :ok:

HAWK21M
9th Feb 2009, 21:29
India is awaiting the Pakistan findings on 26/11.
regds
MEL