PDA

View Full Version : Cathay instructors course/Cadetship

PPRuNeUser0163
22nd Dec 2008, 06:11
Hi Guys/Girls,

Ive got my PPL and live in Sydney and am very interested in the cathay instructors course either short/long but preferably short as I will soon have my CPL.

Does anyone know if this will be on in 2009 or 2010? Also what about the Long course?

As an Australian Citizen applying for the Cathay Cadetship is obviously difficult in getting HK residency- has anyone from a foreign country done this before and if so what would the time frames be?

Thanks in advance for responses,

Matt

Noskcid
22nd Dec 2008, 15:35
Instructors Course - Im not dure on the class starting times but for the

Cadetship you cant apply for it unless you have HK residency

takamasa
21st Jan 2009, 15:32
i did my interview last year and unfortunately i failed.

what i suggest u to do is to get ur CPL also ur multi IFR rating

i applied with my CPL and multi rating and got rejected.

after couple week, i got my IFR and sent an e-mail and they eventually invited me for an interview.

for the short course, u would rather have a higher qualification than lower.

btw, it may/may not open again this year coz CX is losing money.

last time, when they rejected me ,they told they are gonna open again this year but up to now, i still do not see any news about the program again.

capt_einz111
18th Feb 2009, 04:16
@1BLU095: where did you got that info from? you can consider it correct if you call 1/5 HKID holders "usually" for the instructors course...

Lufbrauni
18th Feb 2009, 10:07
1BLU095,
It seems to me that your info is very misleading, more the fact that you state what you do as a matter of opinion. I refer to another post from you about the cadet course, where you are in competition with everyone else! Not really the case!

FlyingMoggy2
27th Feb 2009, 05:18
Seems that FTA has interest in keeping the program going, but no intentions to start another course until the current ones are completed. So most likely no courses in 2009.

1BLU095
3rd Mar 2009, 22:21
Luf,

I re-read my post and agreed that it was misleading... i honestly did not intend for it to be in the slightest. It made sense in my mind when i wrote it. My apologies for that. I have since withdrawn the post.

Kind Regards BLU