View Full Version : jet4you

Jimmy The Big Greek
22nd Dec 2008, 05:21
I would like to have more information regarding Jet4you (Marocco). How are the working conditions. Can I trust them?

Any info regarding the selection?. (simulator profile etc).

Lost R.E.M.
22nd Dec 2008, 22:50
Who are Jet4You & what licenses are they looking for? I understand that they are a Moroccan company, would they accept FAA ATP? If not is it easy to convert over to a Moroccan License?

Any information would be appreciated. :)

concordino
23rd Dec 2008, 09:36
I think since a while back,the Moroccan DAC does not validate FAA licenses anymore.

Foreign pilots wanting or working in Morocco can only obtain validations of their valid ICAO licenses.

Things might have changed by now, Best is to contact the company for an answer on that.

Pilot Pete
23rd Dec 2008, 10:09
Jet4you.com - Home (http://www.jet4you.com/static/fr-FR/index.html)

TUI owned (not sure of the percentage), they don't come much bigger than them.........TUI AG Homepage (http://www.tui-group.com/en/)

Jet4you: TUI’s Moroccan-based LCC is focused on France | anna.aero (http://www.anna.aero/2008/03/07/jet4you-tuis-moroccan-based-lcc-is-focused-on-france/)

Sean Dillon
23rd Dec 2008, 10:18
TUI...they don't come much bigger than them...

That's true! But they certainly aren't impressive...a complete mess!

Pilot Pete
27th Dec 2008, 10:06
!! Yeah, but big enough to survive the next few years I think. More than can be said about some.

PP

captplaystation
27th Dec 2008, 10:58
Big enough to have two threads running No 1 & 2 on this forum ? I don't think so. Perhaps the mods would like to do a little combination work here ? :rolleyes:

Nightrider
27th Dec 2008, 12:28
PilotPete, your thinking is wrong, lot of changes to come..... :sad:

rjay259
27th Dec 2008, 15:50
what changes are those, would love to hear what you know!!!

dallas
27th Dec 2008, 16:04
I would like to have more information regarding Jet4you (Marocco). How are the working conditions. Can I trust them?
Personally, I wouldn't trust a company that has numbers in its name, or uses text speak, with anything more than my kids toys...

flybar
27th Dec 2008, 16:45
TUI owned (not sure of the percentage),

100% TUI owned.

Jimmy The Big Greek
28th Dec 2008, 16:22
so if it is 100% TUI then we can expect a TUI assessment. I searched the web but I could not find anything.

Pilot Pete
29th Dec 2008, 13:20
PilotPete, your thinking is wrong, lot of changes to come..... Sorry, which bit is wrong? You think TUI won't survive?:rolleyes:

PP

Nightrider
30th Dec 2008, 03:54
There are plenty of changes which took place already, the Moroccan support is already very much gone, it is now a Belgium company, also this is TUI, it is not the same way as it was. 1 aircraft left the fleet, another one parked in France awaiting financial decision about repairs, no replacements in sight.
The very near future will bring another very strong competitor just right down the porch, it does not look very nice ......

Fladbrokeandbusted
30th Dec 2008, 09:12
I have a freind who told me that he had to be bonded for as much as 18500 Euro´s. To be paid back if he did not stay for the duration of 12 months (fair enough), but also if he would fail any PC´s or the OCC or the M check that you have to go through. So basically they could decide if they wanted him to fail one of these, and then he would owe them a lot of money... Offcourse he said no thank you...

Jimmy The Big Greek
30th Dec 2008, 15:09
I really don't think that it is legal to force someone to pay 18500eu just because he failed a simulator check.

Fladbrokeandbusted
4th Jan 2009, 20:16
well, that was what he was told anyway.

He offered them to be bonded for the 12 months contract but not for the OPC etc... they said no thank you to that..He had to be bonded for the entire thing.. wonder why:uhoh:

Nightrider
5th Jan 2009, 09:04
Who will blame any operator to reconsider T&Cs if constantly faced with employees or contractors breaking the rules? Too many of our colleagues have left the country overnight as they didn't like the challenges. Reason? They did not do their homework. Fatiguing FDTL and constantly changing schedules have initiated many fights between crew and screwing departments, and this across all operators in the country.
A new FDTL is in place, will take some time to settle in, things may change.
What will never change is the mentallity which expects you to be available 24hrs, even on so called 'blank' days. These days appear in your schedule with no duty. They are automatically considered as standby.

When going for interview, ask for a sample schedule, see what your job will be, try to communicate with others before you sign the dotted line.
Talk to the agency, Contractair for Jet4you and Parc or Rishworth for Atlas Blue, don't know Air Arabia's agent yet but, the grapevine says that a direct word to them in headquarters leads to an offer for qualified Bus drivers.

And it is not only the companies check you have to pass. There is the DAC which requires a checkflight as well. Also it complies to most checks you are familar with, there are sometimes odd bits which are thrown at you, leaking fuel tank with engine failure on the other side and wx at limits for a circling approach as the ILS RWY has 18 kn tailwind, all followed by a nice go-around in obstacle filled environment, just forgot, the gear may not retract after go-around......
Not everyone has passed the DAC check; it is all a question of how far are other country interests are involved. And the loophole in the agency contracts was to get out of the contract without penalty if company training and check was passed successfully.....it did not mention the DAC check.

JW411
5th Jan 2009, 15:56
TUI: "they don't come much bigger than them."

Like: Pan Am

Like: TWA

Like: Swissair

Like: SABENA

I used to think like that and now I have a wardrobe full of different uniforms!

Thank God I have retired.

A4
5th Jan 2009, 18:20
.....there are sometimes odd bits which are thrown at you, leaking fuel tank with engine failure on the other side and wx at limits for a circling approach as the ILS RWY has 18 kn tailwind, all followed by a nice go-around in obstacle filled environment, just forgot, the gear may not retract after go-around......

What a completely pointless exercise. What's the point of loading someone up to breaking point with a totally unrealistic sequence of events. What if the guy looses it - totally negative, confidence damaged. Perhaps whoever thought of it feels big and clever :hmm:

A4

despegue
5th Jan 2009, 18:48
Sounds like a typical Jetairfly simcheck, it used to be like that, and even more so with Sabena...
Also with Atlas Blue, the simcheck can be interesting.
Beats these standard OPC/LPC's though, you will actually learn something and fly raw-data.
Is Capt. F.Smet still in charge?

captplaystation
5th Jan 2009, 23:27
Ah les aviation Belges and the fixation with the raw data.

So keen on this because....A maintain the basic flying skills ? or
B because they didn't understand "so well" the MCP/AFDS ?

That, is a very good question, best discussed after a few Duval, or some other wonderful refresher of memory /imagination/good excuses ;)

Monur
4th Apr 2009, 12:38
What's the name of the crew hotel in CMN - does it have a lap pool? You can pm me if you like.......

Thanks.

euroflyer
4th Apr 2009, 21:39
The stuff is called 'Duvel'... Would not recommend drinking them too fast..
If people would fly more raw data approaches when the weather is good and traffic is quiet maybe the general level of hand flying would be better and certainely safer...

B-737
6th Apr 2009, 14:22
Are they still recruiting at the moment Moroccan nationals with no hours on type and bonding them for 3 years?