PDA

View Full Version : B1.1 experience questions

EgyWrench
20th Dec 2008, 20:54
for PART-66 category B2 and subcategories B1.1 and B1.3:
five years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft if the applicant has no previous relevant technical training; or
three years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of training considered relevant by the competent authority as a skilled worker, in a technical trade; or
two years of practical maintenance experience on operating aircraft and completion of a Part -147 approved basic training course.

this is a text of requiered experience for obtaining B1.1

and i would like to know
1- I live and work in Egypt (outside the EU) , will my experience count towards an B1.1 EASA Part-66 Licence

2- It's mentioned above that two years of experience required if i have completed a "Part -147 approved basic training course."
what is this course and where i can get it and by how much ?

also i have completed an equevelent of FAA basic maintenance training course in egypt and I'm already a holder of Bsc degree of Aeronautical enginnering and ICAO type 2 license
do anything of these counts as Part -147 approved basic training course.

thanx alot

Rigga
22nd Dec 2008, 21:59
1- I live and work in Egypt (outside the EU) , will my experience count towards an B1.1 EASA Part-66 Licence

I think your experience will only count if you can prove it! - I believe you will be required to demonstrate exactly what work you have done and need to supply some form of verification - The best thing to do is to e-mail the CAA at [email protected] with your question

2- It's mentioned above that two years of experience required if i have completed a "Part -147 approved basic training course."
what is this course and where i can get it and by how much ?

There is a list of UK Part 147 approved schools on the CAA website at Civil Aviation Authority Home Page (http://www.caa.co.uk)
Look for Engineer Licensing or Part 147. I don't think any of them give basic training yet!

also i have completed an equevelent of FAA basic maintenance training course in egypt and I'm already a holder of Bsc degree of Aeronautical enginnering and ICAO type 2 license
do anything of these counts as Part -147 approved basic training course.

No! I don't believe EASA accepts anyone else's exam results

AS I said earlier an e-mail and direct contact is probably the best thing you could do to avoid my opinion of what the regs are now

The best of luck with your quest
Rigga

Capot
22nd Dec 2008, 22:10
There is a list of UK Part 147 approved schools on the CAA website ............I don't think any of them give basic training yet!

Several of them give Basic Training, mostly for EASA B1 and B2 Categories, one or two EASA A Category.

If that were not the case, there would be few if any EASA Licences issued in the UK!

faz1989
23rd Dec 2008, 12:18
Have a look on the EASA website for all the Part 147 organisations worldwide, including outside of Europe.
All 147 organisations offers basic training.

Have a look at http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/ELGDBook_07_WebVersion.pdf

mayte
23rd Dec 2008, 17:23
You Can Find It In This Page :ministerio De Fomento/aviacion Civil/ Aesa/ Aeronavegabilidad Y Mantenimiento/informacion Personal Limitaciones Licencia Lma Part 66

Capot
30th Dec 2008, 23:30
All 147 organisations offers basic training.That's quite wrong. Not all Pt 147-approved organisations offer Basic training. At least some only offer B1 and B2 type-rating training.

And I'm not so sure about finding a list of Part 147 approvals world-wide on the EASA site, but if you can supply a link to that I'll eat my words and apologise.....

There's a list of UK approvals issued by the CAA, and perhaps other NAAs do the same. Maybe there are approvals outside EASA-land, just like there are Pt 145 approvals out there; if so EASA would oversee those, and perhaps provide a list on its site. Is that what you are referring to?

faz1989
31st Dec 2008, 11:31
Capot, this is the link to foreign part 147 organisations http://www.easa.europa.eu/ws_prod/c/doc/Org_Appro/Foreign_EASA_Part_147.pdf

Capot
31st Dec 2008, 18:13
Faz, thanks for that, very useful. It is the list of non EASA-land approvals that EASA either administers itself, or that a nominated NAA administers for EASA.

Rather typically for EASA, the information does not provide the most important bit, which is what the MTOs are approved for.

vfr440
4th Jan 2009, 17:22
EGYWrench
I just checked that link to non EASA-land t 147 schols and it appears that Egytair in Cairo are so approved. Might be well worth a phone call or e-mail (if you can find one) or even a personal visit ?:D Much the best if not too far
Best of luck ~ VFR