PDA

View Full Version : Direct Entry SCCM Interview

Flyer85
20th Dec 2008, 17:56
Hello,

I'm hoping some of you may be able to help. I have a direct entry SCCM interview coming up soon.

I've been flying as a junior for two years.

Can anyone give me examples of questions that may be asked in the interview specific to the SCCM role?

I know a lot of it will be common sense, just want to see if there is anything else I can "prepare" for.

Thanks!

glider12000
20th Dec 2008, 18:08
I take it this is for bmi.

I was in the same ar situation 2 weeks ago. 2 years junior at LGW. But I was extremely lucky and have been offered a position.

My 2 to 1 was an hour and 5 minutes and covered a lot of areas, from the normal customer service questions through to management techniques and style.

In the end the best advice is to be yourself, be calm and relaxing and try and enjoy it!

Flyer85
20th Dec 2008, 18:13
I think my main concern really is with management-related questions, as I have very little experience in this area. Sounds stupid I know, going for such a position without management experience, though of course I've had two years of "observing the role". Crew motivation, safety aspects etc I can do, it's things like conflict resolution that scare me a bit.

glider12000
20th Dec 2008, 18:27
Well practical examples of what you have observed will be of as much, if not more use than "textbook examples". Show you have learnt from what you have observed, and talk from experience.

Flyer85
20th Dec 2008, 18:31
Will have to keep my eyes peeled, might stop hiding down the back and work at the front more often.

Hate interviews LOL.

glider12000
20th Dec 2008, 18:40
Feel free to pm me with any questions, but as you say, speak to your purser/any further seniors for some guidance.

VS-LHRCSA
21st Dec 2008, 00:28
Be prepared for questions asking 'how would you manage this, or how did you manage that.

For example: 'how would you manage a main crew member who went over your head to the captain to resolve an issue' or 'give me an example you when you have had to manage confict'.

Remember, they already know that you have a customer service skills. They want to see examples of people management skills or potential.

Flyer85
21st Dec 2008, 00:34
Well I suppose this is where the learning curve is. What would I do if someone went over my head, or Jack and Jill are having a tiff in the back galley, or if a passenger complained about a crew member.

Psr777
21st Dec 2008, 17:49
You are probably better off thinking of scenarios and examples of specific behaviour you have displayed.

eg rather than think about what you would do, tell them of a time when you have actually done it, tell them about the thought process you went through and what you expected the outcome to be and finally what the outcome was and what you learnt from it.

It follows the same lines, but if you can relate the questions to examples of when you have already displayed the type of behaviour they are looking for they will get a better picture of you.

good luck