PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi BAe 146 Advert

Mister Geezer
19th Dec 2008, 17:50
Just wondering if anyone might know anything about the advert on flightglobal.com for BAe 146 crews for Abu Dhabi?

There is a bit of confusion as to who the operator behind this is. The main contender was Palm Aviation which is starting up with 7 BAe 146 aircraft but apparently they are not the airline concerned, which is leaving a few of us puzzled!!!!

Any information would be appreciated!

moon123
19th Dec 2008, 18:48
Hi Mister Geezer Amiri Flight Looking For Avro (RJ) Pilots.

Mister Geezer
20th Dec 2008, 00:05
Thanks for that and I was aware that they were recruiting. I believe they have actually just closed the application process. I think Sigmar are doing the recruitment for the Amiri Flight for their RJ70.

The particular advert that I mentioned is different to the Amiri Flight advert and I would be keen to know if anyone knows anything about this mysterious other advert for BAe 146 crew in Abu Dhabi. It is of particular interest to me since it might allow commuting which would suit my present circumstances.

Cheers

jafar
21st Dec 2008, 04:59
Hi Geezer

There are actually two AVROs at AUH. One RJ 70 operated by Amiri and one RJ 85 operated by Royal Jet. This plane will be withdrawn before summer 2009. Royal Jet is looking for short term contact (up to May 2009).

Cheers

Mister Geezer
23rd Dec 2008, 17:43
Thanks for that...

The operator I am keen to find out about and the one that featured in the advert on flightglobal is looking to crew a 146 aircraft and not a RJ. They are in the ad-hoc charter business and not VIP so based on that, it is not the Amiri Flight in AUH.

This mysterious airline could well be Palm Aviation (Sharjah) but who knows! Any information would be appreciated!!!

Cheers

Khaosai
24th Dec 2008, 13:48
Hi MG,

best of luck and have a good festive.

Rgds.