PDA

View Full Version : Mass UFO's over the Midlands

El Grifo
19th Dec 2008, 15:45
Stop Press.

Sky News is reporting a mass sighting of UFO's observed by thousands over the Midlands in the UK last night.

The story was not released earlier for fear of spreading mass panic amongst the populace.

This is the first time such a mass sighting has taken place in such a public place. Journalists are flocking to the area hoping for a repeat sighting tonight.

The objects were reported as "being absolutely silent and travelling at twice the speed of a normal aeroplane"

"Each had lights at the centre which were flashing of and on. They went south at a terrific speed"

Check out the story. It certainly raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

Link below :-

Mystery 'UFO' Lights Over Halesowen In the Midlands | Strange News | Sky News (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Strange-News/Mystery-UFO-Lights-Over-Halesowen-In-the-Midlands/Article/200812315187546?lpos=Strange_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_ Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15187546_Mystery_UFO_Lights_Over_Halesowen_In_th e_Midlands)

CUNIM
19th Dec 2008, 15:48
Bah Humbug

Probably Santa Claus throwing his toys out of the pram or it is meteorites.

El Grifo
19th Dec 2008, 15:50
Oops sorry, wrong link.

Correction :-:: Glo-Lantern Sky Lanterns Khoom Fay Khom Loy Flame Retardant Lanterns :: (http://www.glo-lantern.co.uk/intro.html)

Got a cupboard full of them. They are my latest addiction.

Never a party goes by thes days without El Grifo and his ruddy "UFO's"

For "lights in the centre flashing of and on" read "flickering flame" :8

Note to myself.
Must see about getting the ones which "fly twice the speed of a normal aircraft"

They might liven up the parties a tad :ok:

JennyB
19th Dec 2008, 16:11
Expect it's just the Halesowen residents being unfamiliar with any of this new-fangled electricity stuff.

19th Dec 2008, 19:47
I live in Halesowen, and I need some distraction at the moment so I'll monitor the skies and keep you all posted on their inevitable return.

Just been up to Tesco's and there are more Police around than usual and the SDL (Scrote Density Level) around the cashpoint is up a few points.

Palpable air of excitement -but that is probably down to xmas proximity and Friday night - doesn't take a lot to get folk excited round here.

Personally I don't think they will be back - once you have seen Halesowen you don't really want to see it again.

tony draper
19th Dec 2008, 19:54
"The mission was a success Captain Glerp,the Earthmen think we are floating lanterns"
:uhoh:

El Grifo
19th Dec 2008, 22:55
Nanu nanu !!

Earthlings heap big impressionable :ouch:

19th Dec 2008, 23:04
It's a negative.

My dedicated team of astrophysicists 'phoned in earlier from the pub with similar news.

7/8 Ocktas, Wind S/W, RA, SH.

loating flanterns damp maybe.

Cron.

BDiONU
20th Dec 2008, 18:00
UFOs have been reported over the West Midlands. Eyewitnesses said up to 70 bright circular objects could be seen near Birmingham.

But, after failing to find any intelligent life there, they set course back off home.

BD

TBirdFrank
20th Dec 2008, 18:16
Similar phenomenum here a couple of years back - shoals of lights came over the hill - I watched them

The following morning we found frames made out of dry cleaners clothes hangers enclosed in a bin bag with a candle holder suspended beneath crash landed in the fields

Bloody lethal stupid idea - if any had fallen in the stables...........!!!

El Grifo
21st Dec 2008, 00:05
Yeah yeah, but loads of pyrotechnic fun tho'

Fnarr fnarr :E