PDA

View Full Version : Ey Family Run.

Inflatron
19th Dec 2008, 03:36
Looks like EY is turning into a Family run Business.

Father ,Mother and Son all giving their expertise to see EY becoming the World's Best Airline.

EY can only benefit from all this!!!.

Well done EY on the right track.

"HOW HIGH CAN WE FLY???"

Over the HILLS and High above.

Mustapha Rex
19th Dec 2008, 05:43
???What are you on about mate?

Jetjock330
19th Dec 2008, 07:29
M-Rex,

The answer is Inflatron's last line. Look carefully, and he spells the name too!

flyboyike
19th Dec 2008, 09:36
Well, being family-run can be a good thing.

sec 3
19th Dec 2008, 11:37
... but definately not in this case !:}

leftseatview
19th Dec 2008, 14:29
Nothing to beat a good puzzle,with concealed clue!

cantilever
19th Dec 2008, 19:15
Just because the guys son is on the cadet pilot training hardly means they are taking over the airline! :rolleyes:

Inflatron
21st Dec 2008, 16:27
Cantilever.starting a scheme when in A High Position and family members benefit is classified as conflict of interest.

What does a person who have only lived in Auh for a couple of months know about schooling in the UAE.What advise you need in AUH? There is not much schools to choose from .
What Pilots need is someone to understand that the fees are exorbitantly high and the school allowance not enough.
Will the School advisor tell this to the management.I doubt it when there is a conflict of interest.

bus787
21st Dec 2008, 16:31
Its good someone is taking care of Schooling.

Any chance pilots get paid for University fees as well.This was mentioned once by the management but seems not anymore.
Allowance for schools should go up to at least 21 years.

Perhaps not everyone needs it now that a lot of the children are taking up the cadet scheme.??

EY346Driver
22nd Dec 2008, 14:40
I don't see where the problem is, the fact that his son has joined the cadet program is good. The Airline should support it's own people and in fact give priority to children of employees. It's not something new, many airlines round the world have this policy.

If my child was at the age to join I would very much appreciate the airline giving him a chance to enter, surely that doesnt mean my family is taking over EY.

Icarus
23rd Dec 2008, 07:27
A rather sad and cynical thread overall, what a shame.

Kudos to EY to not limiting their cadet program to either locals or GCC nationals as most in the region do. There are a lot of expats in the area, why should they be denied opportunity to embark if they are found potentially suitable and competent? As long as the selection/award process was conducted with integrity, what does it matter who are they related to?

CanadaRocks
22nd Apr 2009, 17:05
Why are EY training, and waisting money on cadets, when there are so many unemployed pilots on the market. What is the cost to train 1 cadet pilot?

fatbus
22nd Apr 2009, 17:24
CR - standby for incoming

ps you are joking right

Bredrin
22nd Apr 2009, 18:12
The cadets train at one of the most expensive schools (probably) in the world in a country supposedly 'tax free' and with cheap gas, .
But, back on topic, MRS. H being in charge of schooling? Why? We all know which schools are in Abu Dhabi and how much they charge. Do we need someone to market schools to us? We need someone to increase the allowance.
The son....good luck man!

S.F.L.Y
22nd Apr 2009, 19:21
The cadets train at one of the most expensive schools (probably) in the world in a country supposedly 'tax free' and with cheap gas,

You forgot to add that in this country western expats are quite expensives and EY wanted the cadets to fly on glass cockpit Cessnas (which is not the less expensive aircraft to fly a single piston)...

Is it really decent to expose people and their relatives when it has nothing to do with your main concerns?

GBB
22nd Apr 2009, 20:30
I think it is good to expose such people as thigs like that should not be happeing in the 1st place.
They cannot provide good accom. for their pilots but have money to splash around on all sort of sh!t.
EY is company full of thievs right now with mighty Jammie right at the top of the "food chain". Getting EY all "the best deals" anywhere he can.
The GulfAir story in remaking...

CanadaRocks
23rd Apr 2009, 05:25
Fatbus....still in my bunker! Is it safe to stick my head out. I'm serious! Why is the airline training expats to fly? I think it's a waist of resources, but what do I know! Actually, I know I would like to put that money towards my school fees.

tuskegee airman
23rd Apr 2009, 11:21
Hey C.R, as you are already bunkered down I'd rather your effort not go to waste, perhaps you should have spell-checked on those last two posts.
Where do I send my contribution to your mentioned school fees? :E

CanadaRocks
23rd Apr 2009, 19:36
Ouch Tusk!

Togalk
24th Apr 2009, 07:05
Will all you Canadian immigrant wannabe's stop saying you are from Canada, you are giving the rest of us cab drivers a bad name.

S.F.L.Y
24th Apr 2009, 07:36
I think it is good to expose such people as thigs like that should not be happeing in the 1st place.

GBB exposing people for what they are accountable is one thing, exposing their family while it has nothing to do with their position is mean. Why wouldn't an EY employee's son be allowed to become a cadet, and even worse, a bad one?

Please show me were is your point.

S.F.L.Y
24th Apr 2009, 11:58
taking a seat in the cadet program through the back door of the selection process.

Is there any evidence of such back door entry or is it only gossips ?

Inflatron
24th Apr 2009, 15:54
At last someone agrees with me that this was all done to accomodate themselves.

320 fleet had to adjust the Cadet course to give extra training to the cadets joining from the Al Ain flying school.

It is expensive but standard not very good.

As regards to schooling I passed my comments and agree with all.What pilots need is a proper schooling allowance and not a Mrs.to tell us that we cannot pay the fees of whatever is available.