PDA

View Full Version : Menzies contract at BRS

paul51
17th Dec 2008, 15:12
I noticed that Menzies are going into BRS - when does this contract start and how does this effect Servisair staff on the ramp.Also what are the pay and conditions like for them......also job security!!!!!!!
I am ex BA loader T4 (in the good old days) wishing to get back into ramp Operations.

speedbird_481_papa
17th Dec 2008, 19:50
Well Paul, Servisair staff are safe for those who have been short-listed to be TUPEd accross to Menzies when they start on the 21 Jan 09.

Your best bet is to look at the Bristol Handling (http://www.pprune.org/flight-ground-ops-crewing-dispatch/350582-bristol-handling.html) thread.

All the current news is there.

But if your interested in applying for Ramp Ops, check out the Aviation Job Search (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/) site. Just use the drop-down menus at the top and select the South West region to find what it is you are looking for.

And if your sucessfull, which I am sure you will be, let me welcome you to the Menzies team.

Kind Regards

Speedbird

paul51
19th Dec 2008, 13:33
Many thanks - I have sent my cv in to them......just waiting ..........really hope to get back to the apo.was offered a job by servisair in the summer but to be honest the time was not quite right to move from my current employment......regards
Paul..............

paul51
12th Jan 2009, 14:27
Can anybody tell me if menzies have started interviewing for the ramp - this is for external people - or is it that i am too old at 51 for them to consider me for a 737 hold!!!!!!!!
No seriously I put in my cv but have held nothing.maybe I put my salary expectation too high or that I am ex BA ramp - any feedback or information would be appreciated.

crackling jet
12th Jan 2009, 16:18
Paul, SEE pm's

speedbird_481_papa
13th Jan 2009, 04:23
well, 9 days to go.

How is everyone feeling?

antonovman
14th Jan 2009, 05:48
Can anybody tell me if menzies have started interviewing for the ramp - this is for external people - or is it that i am too old at 51 for them to consider me for a 737 hold!!!!!!!!

I got interviewed about a month ago and havent heard a word from them.
Same as you Paul, but i am 54, probably too old for them

speedbird_481_papa
14th Jan 2009, 08:28
my advice is hang fire.

Servisair are being complete ba:mad:rds towards menzies and still havent given them a complete list who is being TUPEd accrosss and who is staying.

So with 8 days to go Menzis are still being left in the dark.

Hang fire deffinately and if u havent heard anything by the 23rd Jan, drop me a PM and I can ask for you if you like?

Kind Regards

Speedbird

paul51
14th Jan 2009, 18:27
many thanks speedbird - should have joined last year - was accepted for servisair but just hesitated about it....

speedbird_481_papa
14th Jan 2009, 22:48
no problem paul :cool:

glad to be of assistance

regards

speedbird