PDA

View Full Version : Precision Air Tanzania

Jet66
17th Dec 2008, 12:31
I was wondering if anyone could give me some information about Precision Air in Tanzania. I applied for the position of FO (ATR) and got invited for an interview. I'm typerated ATR 42/72 with around 500 hrs on type, 1100 total. Can anyone give some info about how many hrs a month they're flying there, the roster, living costs in Dar and income tax in Tanzania. And any other info you may think is relevant.

Soap Box Cowboy
17th Dec 2008, 14:18
Housing is high in Dar compared to the rest of Tanzania, though you could ask to be based out of Arusha. You will loose around 40% of your income in taxes and pension plan. It takes a while to get checked out till you are you only earn 70% of your salary after tax. Hours initially are low around 75 a month after that they can get pretty high, easily 1000 a year. Roster changes are frequent. But if your dual rated less likely to affect you. Crew are not a bad bunch, flying can be interesting since we also fly to rough strips. We need the pilots since we just got two of our 72's back online and next year we get two new 42's and one 72. Though one or two of our current 72's are due to go back to the lesor.

Jet66
17th Dec 2008, 14:32
Thanks for the quick response. Do you know what I can expect in the interview and after that for the simcheck? And how is the possibility the get command at Precision?

Soap Box Cowboy
17th Dec 2008, 14:40
Interview is pretty straight forward, nothing big. Same for the sim check just your usual base check kind of stuff. As for command your hours are too low. Think you need 2500-3000 for command. Plenty of guys waiting their turn to get the left seat.

B737 lover
30th Dec 2008, 12:51
Precision's boeing 733 has been grounded by TCAA today, any more info on this?
Aka benz lover.

propswing
2nd Jan 2009, 14:17
Hi everyone! Happy new year!
could anyone give me an Idea of the salary after tax of an ATR72 F/O at Precision air?
Thanks in advance