PDA

View Full Version : B1 Easa Lae Salaries

Macadoink
17th Dec 2008, 07:43
Hi, I've an offer of employment in Abu Dhabi as a B1 LAE, salary 20000AED transport 2000AED Housing 155000AED plus the usual health etc. can anyone tell me how this compares with other operators in the region.

Thanks

Jet II
17th Dec 2008, 07:58
Sounds like a pretty average package.

150,000 AED housing wont get you much in Abu Dhabi though.

Macadoink
17th Dec 2008, 10:34
thanks for replying.
When you say 150000AED won't get much. will it get a decent 2 bed apartment? or even a 3 bed.

Are you in Abu Dhabi just now? How much for a 3 bed place, needs to be suitable for a family.

Cheers

bear11
18th Dec 2008, 09:56
They all benchmark obsessively against each other, so you can be assured your pay is the same for equivalent work elsewhere there. Generally speaking, the package works for guys who want to bring family down and use the schooling allowances etc, it's not so good if you're going on your own. Some guys I know there have a real issue with being asked to work overtime for zero (being called out on off days, no max hours above which you get paid extra), you need to check this very carefully.

I hear what you say about housing, and it is the major issue apart from the poor pay in that you have to use some more of your earnings if you want soemwhere decent, but it's possible in the next few months that the place may finally have to cop itself on and rents will come down in line with the drop in house prices. Have a look at the Etihad threads to get an idea of housing costs.

Jet II
18th Dec 2008, 12:44
thanks for replying.
When you say 150000AED won't get much. will it get a decent 2 bed apartment? or even a 3 bed.

Are you in Abu Dhabi just now? How much for a 3 bed place, needs to be suitable for a family.

Cheers

150k will only get you a 1 bed - for a 3 bed you will be looking at around 250-300k for an apartment or 350k + for a villa.

But that is if you can get anything - there is a massive shortage in AD of accommodation of all types. Many AD workers live in Dubai and commute - if you are going to work for EY then the commute from Dubai takes about 50 minutes.

AEUENG
20th Dec 2008, 23:52
Hi Macadoink,

I know who u r now! ;-)

c u down there!

Cheers mate.:ok:

Macadoink
21st Dec 2008, 11:37
Where do you know me from then? 'cause I haven't a clue who you might be!
ANON :confused: