PDA

View Full Version : Etihad Security check and medical

saviboy
16th Dec 2008, 21:28
Hi

I was told the waiting period for Security check and medical after interview was about 4 weeks. is that still true or can we expect delays due to various holidays?

does anybody know of someone who would have failed either? and for what reasons?

noflare
17th Dec 2008, 11:35
I would imagine you would be told if you failed the medical, however I am not sure what the policy is if a security clearance is not obtained, one thing for sure is they wont get hired!

Nothing here happens quickly, the test results do take a while, why not contact the HR dept?
:ok:

saviboy
17th Dec 2008, 15:58
its only been a couple of weeks since the interview. so i ll wait at least 2-3 more weeks before I start really worrying.
I just wanted to know what were the odds of busting the checks and if there was a history of people failing them.

thanks anyways

NTM
17th Dec 2008, 16:35
You should be okay.
Check your Pm inbox.

Later,

Speedbird1
17th Apr 2009, 13:54
Hi guys,

can anyone fill me in on what to expect with the pre employment medical at Etihad please?

Many Thanks

Firbolgs
17th Apr 2009, 13:59
Its a basic class 1 medical....nothing to worry about if you are in reasonable shape.
If hired you will do the government medical, blood tests & Chest X Ray.

j32wreck
17th Apr 2009, 16:24
If you make it to the medical, they want to hire you.

There are two medical hurdles to clear. One will be with Etihad as part of the assessment. The next is the GCAA after Etihad forwards them the information. If there is an area of concern at either, in the cases I know of there is an opportunity to clear it up. It is not an automatic rejection.

I had an issue that Etihad wanted cleared up prior to forwarding my application to the GCAA. I saw a doctor at home and resolved the issue. My doctor sent a note to Etihad documenting his treatment and a clean bill of health along with supporting X-ray's. Etihad then forwarded my application to GCAA. That was several months ago and have gotten no feedback from GCAA. I understand that no news from them is good news.

Good luck.

Laker
17th Apr 2009, 17:37
It's a long wait in the pool. Currently there are about 80 in the pool, some since September 2008.

cameljockey
19th Apr 2009, 04:59
Won't be a long wait if you are A340 rated!

Laker
19th Apr 2009, 05:15
wanna bet? I would wager that it will be at the very minimum a 5 month wait.