PDA

View Full Version : Flying Club in Brisbane

Bubulle
16th Dec 2008, 13:11
Hello!

I've posted on another topic a subject about my search for a flying club in Brisbane but I think this part of the forum will be more suitable.

I've currently a swiss JAA PPL and I'm moving to Brisbane in few weeks for 6 months. I would love to fly there and of course, I'm looking for a flying club. A lot are at Archerfield and I wonder which one will be the best. Do you have any advices for me?

I would like to fly with a FI in the beginning (unfamiliar with the area and maybe, my radio won't be satisfactory directly even if I use english in my own country) and when everything will be ok, do some solo.

Otherwise, I've about 200 hours of SEP and I'm also glider and tow pilot. I fly on PA28, C172, DA40 and some others less known aircrafts.

Thanks for your help and see you in the australian sky! :ok: Happy landings.

Lorraine

SuPeRcHaRgEd
16th Dec 2008, 13:58
you can't go past the Redcliffe Aero Club.

redcliffeaeroclub.com.au

WannaBeBiggles
16th Dec 2008, 19:24
Hoi bublle

2nd vote for RAC, some great aircraft and right at door of the glasshouse mountains, sunshine coast and morton island.

Bubulle
16th Dec 2008, 22:18
Well, I won't have any car so I'll have to go only by public transportations and on foot. :bored: Maybe I make a mistake but I wonder if Redcliffe isn't too far from the city...

drunkensailor
16th Dec 2008, 22:44
My friend, you would have to walk a long way from the city to Redcliffe, or Archerfield for that matter.
Plenty of accomodation in redcliffe and surrounds though.
Good luck:ok:

ops_guy
16th Dec 2008, 23:01
If you will be staying in the city then I believe it would be easier to make your way to Archerfield then to Redcliffe. Archerfield airport has a bus stop right out the front of it with busses going to/from the city quite regularly. In that case, get in contact with the Royal Queensland Aero Club:ok:

drunkensailor
16th Dec 2008, 23:15
Or try sunland
Sunland Aviation (http://www.sunlandaviation.com.au/default.cfm)

WilliamOK
19th Dec 2008, 06:00
Redcliffe isn't too far that you can't use Public Transport, but it will take some time.

Visit the Translink (http://www.translink.com.au) website; they have a trip planner on there. The buses 30, and 11 by Hornibrook Buslines pass by Redcliffe, and Archerfiled is serviced by routes 112 110 and 115 by Brisbane Transport.

All are under the same fare structure.

Redcliffe is possibly the most popular and to me seems the friendliest in the region.

Kippers7
21st Dec 2008, 04:52
Redcliffe is the place to go, nice people, nice aircraft and a nice place to fly.

300Series
21st Dec 2008, 06:46
Another vote for Redcliffe Aero Club. Recently did a renewal there, and all the staff were more than helpful in fitting me in and booking an ATO as i was coming from interstate.

Seek out the CFI of RAC, lots of experience and loves his job and it shows to:ok:

kingRB
21st Dec 2008, 08:14
23 year old Swiss female pilot.... i'm surprised you guys arnt falling over yourselves to give her a lift out there :E