PDA

View Full Version : Rex gear problem?

woftam
16th Dec 2008, 12:49
G'day,
Heard a Rex flight in YSSY today having gear problems. Last I heard they were going to do a flyby of the tower to have an engineer have a look.
It obviously turned out well as I haven't seen anything posted here.
Good news. :ok:

LM82
17th Dec 2008, 00:45
From their site

Rex flight ZL219 operating from Ballina to Sydney landed safely in Sydney at 1.03pm after the pilots received an unsafe nose gear indication in the cockpit.

In accordance with procedures, the aircraft conducted a fly past at Sydney Airport where engineers confirmed the nose gear was extended safely and the crew then carried out a normal approach and landing. As a precaution, the passengers were briefed on emergency landing procedures.

All 17 passengers and 3 crew members were met by Rex staff upon arrival.

hope this helps, it was also on the news for about 2 seconds

the wizard of auz
17th Dec 2008, 03:32
I thought the thread was about their gear in general. :E

woftam
17th Dec 2008, 05:50
Thanks LM82.
Wiz ;)

Mr.Buzzy
17th Dec 2008, 20:47
How does the flypast help?

"Looks alright from down here mate."
"OK we still have a red light up here. No worries then. Send the firetrucks home."

bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Roger Greendeck
17th Dec 2008, 22:13
All help short of real assistance!;) I suppose that whilst you can't confirm it is locked down they can tell you if it is up thus preventing you from wasting time planning to pin the gear and taxi in.

pa60ops
18th Dec 2008, 04:15
Looking at REX these days, the problem was possibly that the flight crew didnt put the gold coin in the slot prior to selecting the gear...user pays and all that!!!