PDA

View Full Version : FI(H) Instructor renewal seminar

jemax
16th Dec 2008, 10:30
Quick question,

My UK FI(H) has just expired, as it's my first renewal I need to attend a seminar first to renew, I'm just having trouble finding where or when, could anyone advise please.

Thanks,

flap flap flap
16th Dec 2008, 11:00
I believe Mike Green at helicopter services can do this, if not mybe Heliair.

helimutt
16th Dec 2008, 11:34
No, the seminars are organised at certain dates through the year. Try the On-Track website or AOPA I think.

ONTRACK AVIATION LIMITED (http://www.ontrackaviation.com/fi-seminars.htm)

You really want to be an FI? LOL

jemax
16th Dec 2008, 18:54
Ta I had Mike lined up for the Instructor Proficiency Check, just the seminar I needed AOPA/On Track it is.

Thankfully in this market I have a day heli job, keeping the FI current would just be for a bit of fun.

hands_on123
16th Oct 2011, 08:05
Does anyone else do the FI seminars?? Ontrack only seem to do helicopter ones in April 2012?

Helinut
16th Oct 2011, 15:26
On Track and AOPA do seminars mainly for FW FIs. On some, they invite a suitable rotary person to provide the RW input, so that an FI(H) can attend.

I believe that Geoff Day does do FI(H) seminars (see his website), that is just for heles. Typically, I think each outfit does only a couple every year. Presumably depends upon demand.

Having now attended a few of these, I would be interested to do a pure hele one myself. There is a lot of less than useful stuff for heles in the (mainly FW) seminars.

Heli-Jock
16th Oct 2011, 20:23
Try Geof Day im sure he'll sort you out.
I did my renewal with him couple months back and met Mike Green there at Leicester. I think the two of them are working together with instructor courses, commercial courses etc.
Good Luck!

j

Huwey
17th Oct 2011, 14:41
Have found that there is an FI seminar at Helicentre Leic. Its is on 6 -7 th Feb 2012. Ontrack doing one at end of Feb but thats after my FI expires. Hope that may be of use to some.

Try Helicentre Aviation : Calendar of Helicopter and Sporting Events (http://www.flyheli.co.uk/events/list/2012/02/)