PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Application Question

engineer_emirates
16th Dec 2008, 02:37
Hello,

I have a question and would really appreciate any feedback and input. I have interviewed for a position with Emirates about 6 months ago for an engineering position. I was successful after the interview but then was told that their engineering hiring activities have been put on hold until things get better (economy, fuel prices, etc...) When I try to update my application it tells me the following: "You cannot update you status now. You can do it after your acceptance of our offer" (It has been saying this since I found out that I was successful). So does that mean that once they start hiring again they will contact me? Shall I wait for them to call me or take other opportunities? I have other ones in the Middle East (Saudi) so I am afraid that once I make a move I will be pretty much stuck. Are they any engineers who have been hired lately at Emirates? Any feedback, input, and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

EE

Wiley
16th Dec 2008, 05:30
You might get more informed replies on the 'Engineers & Technicians' page here on Pprune, e_e.

Jet II
16th Dec 2008, 09:05
Why not email recruitment and ask what the score is?

shinobi1
16th Dec 2008, 10:57
First thing I guess. If you've been successful, why do you need to update your application? Is it change of details?

Secondly, where's the job? Is it local to you, or in Dubai?

I guess it comes down to your personal circumstances. Are the Saudi jobs definate? Can you afford to wait? Who would you rather work for?

Shinobi