PDA

View Full Version : Who will hire me?

Sky Butler
15th Dec 2008, 20:18
I'm a corporate King Air pilot with 2500 hours and an FAA ATP. 2000 of which are in turbo-props. ZERO jet time. Are there any operators out there who will hire a guy with my qualifications? Airlines, corporate, whatever. I'm looking for an upgrade to a jet and of course, more pay.

sharksucker
17th Dec 2008, 03:47
The black clouds of the economic downturn have arrived in the middle east as well, doesn't look too good at the moment. Some of the coperate outlets have to struggle with lower business volume and I heard recently that execujet in Dubai laid off 11 pilots from the challenger. Rizon Jet laid off as well 1 FO who just got hired recently. Other outlets I know are looking for rated guys with time on type and they get them..
It used to be much better a few month ago, when it was common to get a gig in a jet with some good TP time..
Anyway: you might try the following operators:
Empire Aviation: they are probably getting a new Hawker 900 soon, otherwise they operate a Caravan out of Abu Dhabi. There might be a chance to move within reasonable time on to the jets..
Al Jaber (not sure about spelling) in Abu Dhabi: new start up with 22 airframes on order, Legacy, Lineage, G550 and ACJ.
Prestige Jet Abu Dhabi: ( didn't hear anything good of them, but people seem to run away, so they might be desperatea)
Aerovista and Phoenix Aviation (fly.ave) in Sharjah: operating 732's into Irak, Afghanistan and east Africa. They used to hire lowtimers in the past if you were willing to pay for your rating. Russian owned and some people say, they are connected to Victor Bout..
Best one probably:
Falcon Express Cargo Airlines in Dubai:
Operator of 4 B1900 and one F27. Expresscargo for Fedex, TNT, UPS and Aramex. Pay not great, no jets. But a great company and very stable. Maybe good to sit out the storm and be at site when the coperate sector in the region becomes better again.
You need a 1900 rating for them.
DOO is Mr. Steven Sanchez.
But hurry up, things are not getting better at the moment!
Cheers