PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter AOC Ops Qualifications

Nibbler
14th Dec 2008, 11:20
Hi

I've just been landed the chance to study and qualify for the UK CAA helicopter Operations AOC certificate/qualification/person with badge/award. The problem is I can't find any information about the course, exam or who might provide the training for this.

Can anyone throw any bones of advice my way?

Many thanks

helimutt
14th Dec 2008, 16:33
Hang on, let me get this straight. You've landed the chance to study for a course of which you know nothing about, have no idea who runs the course and no idea what the exam may be. So how did you find out about this course in the first place?

This a wind-up?:bored:

Nibbler
14th Dec 2008, 19:07
Not a wind up.

A new venture by my employer providing a new opening. I have some limited experience of fixed wing ops but not under an AOC so I trying to find out more before I go any further.

helimutt
14th Dec 2008, 19:18
In that case you could try starting on the SRG section of the CAA website. Also, try posting the same question in the Rotorheads forum. Lots of knowledgable types there on heli ops. :ok:

Oh, and immerse yourself in the world of JAR OPS 3 for now, but expect change! A look undr jar ops3 on google will give you plenty of info. section 3.180 I think is about AOC holders etc

Nibbler
14th Dec 2008, 19:53
nice one, thank you!