PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Higgins and Jepps

Mike Litoris
13th Dec 2008, 10:57
I'm looking at starting my ATPL via Nathan Higgins distance learning, and was wondering if anyone has successfully completed the course using Jepps instead of using AIP and DAPS East & West.

I have a full set of Jepps which I used for my IREX, and I was trying to avoid forking out extra $$ on AIP etc if i didnt need to.

Cheers

Mike

Dubya
13th Dec 2008, 21:43
ummmmm...maybe phone Nathan and ask him.....

....jeeeeeez...:ugh:

j3pipercub
13th Dec 2008, 23:14
Plenty of people have completed the course using Jepps, myself included. I would suggest is buying the set of ERCs High and Low. You'll be drawing one the charts and the rice paper doesnt hold up to well to repeated drawing on. Also the ERCs are more in line with the q's eg. the large majority of the questions are orientated on one ERC chart whereas they are over a couple of maps iwith the Jepps

j3

sms777
14th Dec 2008, 00:01
Many companies in Oz demand their pilots to use Jepps only, so you may as well get used to using it now

:ok:

manymak
14th Dec 2008, 01:09
ummmmm...maybe phone Nathan and ask him.....

....jeeeeeez...:ugh:

How about, give him a break??

....jeeeeeez..:ugh:

Andre1983
14th Dec 2008, 02:03
G'day Mike,

I am currently in exactly the same predicament as yourself. I have self studied HPL and MET with Nathan Higgins so far, and that was a breeze. Nevertheless as far as Air Law goes, I am hitting a brick wall with the JEPPS. I have spoken to quite a few instructors at my academy and some of the past students who have sat the course "with JEPPS not AIP's". The general idea that I get is that you can do it with the JEPP's, as there are more than a few that have done it. But if you can get your hands on some AIP's it will be off course much easier. I have asked my instructor about it on Friday and he has agreed to borrow me his AIP's. I just have to boomerang it back to him with a bottle of rum off course.

So I suggest you maybe try the same if you are lucky enough.

Zoomy
14th Dec 2008, 03:51
Why will it be much easier?
Locate the required info in the jepps and tag it. It is a worthwhile excercise because if you are going to use jepps you will need to find the info some day.

And apart from the " jeeeeezzzz ", Dubya is actually on the right track. I have studied Nathans course at home and the link between you and him is vital. Email or phone a question and you will have an answer within a reasonable time frame. When you are studying at home he won't know your having trouble with something unless you contact him or you fail an exam.

Best of luck its a great course> like doing year 11 and 12 in 3 months.
:ok:

Capt L
14th Dec 2008, 08:25
I did Nathans full time course using my Jepps. I was comfortable with them before going and had no problems. I seem to remember that for most things he had Jepp and AIP references.

Good Luck

Dubya
14th Dec 2008, 08:44
nah...jeeeez or not.......it's not rocket science....

how does a blonde breathe....in.....out......in......oh, where did I get to?:ok:

I'll take a panadol and have a lie down now........:ouch:

Mike Litoris
14th Dec 2008, 11:24
thanks to everyone who has provided positive, non-derogatory, answers and suggestions to my question. greatly appreciated.:ok: