PDA

View Full Version : EY vs EK crew hotel

triple click
12th Dec 2008, 18:17
hi guys

Wondering what do you think about your hotel generally speaking, are you in a descent hotel? Do you get all facilities like internet, breakfast for all hotel or just few of them?

Does your airline organize something special for Christmas when you are stuck far from your family (special meal on board or at the hotel?)
Here at EY we ve got the best (few times!!) like we ve got the worst (paris.. NY.. GVA.. casa..not to mention them!!) :{ and i read somewhere that we ve got hotel experts (people who might be deaf and blind at time) who decide for 3000 crew!! :mad:

Who decides for you at ek? Can we get your feedback?
Hotel location, quality and facilities make our day!!

sec 3
13th Dec 2008, 00:13
At EY you have a million managers and EVPs who do NOTHING, except rake in big salaries every month. They don't give a flying f**k about crews, hence the ****ty hotels.:} In AUH they are saying Hogies tenure is up when his contract is finished in September, inshallah, then you might see many conditions improve when all the "dead wood" is thrown in the fire !

green lemon
13th Dec 2008, 04:29
Definitely Paris, Gva, NY are the worst one!! According the "hotel experts" no hotel has given them an answer!! :confused:

Is that difficult to get a hotel downtown in the biggest touristic city in the world with thousands hotels!! I need to be expert to understand!!:}

Paris hotel sucks!! Far from everything poor shuttle service (only one way), and to get back to the hotel you take the train through the most doggy place in paris..

Good news is NY will change soon!! don t know if it s for the best

Chandler Bing
13th Dec 2008, 06:29
Expect the worst, it's never disapointing with EY.
Don't underestimate EY's ability to screw us ............

See Musaffah wonderland........

Talking about accomodation, look at TRV for an example.... a decent hotel stands a few meters from ours , but TRV station mgr is too busy taking under the table rupees.
In ours, you can't eat, as food poisoning occured several times......

bus787
13th Dec 2008, 13:06
TRV you cannot eat but you can buy drugs from the skirt guys.

go for a walk on the beach and they will sell you anything.

Take a girl with you and all the guys will start peeing when they see you coming so they can show their dark d,.....

it is a sad place to be but our experts CC still insist it is the best.

green lemon
14th Dec 2008, 18:07
so obviously at EK they ve got much better hotels and conditions:E

GBB
6th Jan 2009, 16:45
worked for both and I would say that both got some good and bad hotels.
gotta give it to EY tho as they got b-fast in many off em, i cant recall even one EK hotel with free crew b-fast. and hotels such as sofitel :rolleyes: in syd where u had to pay to use gym :ugh:

BigGeordie
6th Jan 2009, 17:27
Some EK hotels do include breakfast, but then you don't get a meal allowance for it. So if you get up after they have finished serving you go hungry or pay out of your own pocket.

Generally, the EK hotels are all good. Some are very good and a few are very average.

Laker
7th Jan 2009, 00:16
I read on a cabin crew forum that EY puts you up in the Four Seasons while in SYD. Is that true?? Sounds pretty darn good to me...

Severely Jetlagged
7th Jan 2009, 02:17
Its true and what a fantastic hotel.

daviddea
7th Jan 2009, 04:25
WOW you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of split tails.

fg-fun
7th Jan 2009, 05:11
EK stay in generally, lovely hotels,the Hilton in SYD being one of the best:D

Nightfire
7th Jan 2009, 08:29
As in all my previous companies, the hotels are usually acceptable. Not the top 5*-experience, but I've never had to stay in a Motel either (well, except maybe the Crowne Plaza at LHR :yuk:).
The bigger problem is usually that, after having gone to the same hotel for many times, you start to get annoyed by the individual hotel's downsides. It may be too far from the city centre, the WIFI is not for free everywhere, the check-in is too slow, it is 90 minutes drive from the airport, or whatever else can really upset you after a ten-hour-flight.

Most of these things are no issue the first couple of times, but after you and some other guys have complained to management, and still nothing happens, you suddenly believe you are in the WORST HOTEL EVER.

Unfortunately, some of these things are just normal. Not nice, not funny, but the perfect hotel just doesn't exist.
I spent some nights in the Evergreen Laurel Hotel in BKK, which is supposedly five star. And I really HATED it, when I sat in the restaurant, hadn't even finished eating, when some enthusiastic waiter comes and grabs my plate away. Even the over-care of two or three waiters standing around my table, watching me eat, always trying to make me more comfortable, was p!ss!ng me off.
But what can you do - ask them not to be so attentive???

Mind you: If I ever had to stay in a hotel where I got food-poisoning once, I would just report ill. If a few crew-members do that on every flight, see how fast you may get to stay somewhere else.

Take a girl with you and all the guys will start peeing when they see you coming so they can show their dark d,.....

Bus787: You take a girl with you, there? :confused:
Those guys taking a leak just to show off their thingie wouldn't really worry me any more than the rest of the whole place does!

GBB
7th Jan 2009, 15:50
yeah syd hilton is nice... but try to take a shower at 5 in the morning... u gotta run water for abt 15-20 mins before its gonna get even warm :} its actually an old one. they just put in some nice lcds and big beds

PositiveRate876
8th Jan 2009, 13:29
Never had a problem with the showers in SYD Hilton.
Matter of fact they have some of the nicest showers in the system.

The only competing shower was at the old hotel in HKG.