PDA

View Full Version : Emirates-Help-Time Requirements

atpcliff
12th Dec 2008, 15:58
Hi!

I am trying to find out if I qualify for Emirates. I am hoping someone who is in the application/interview/new hire process can help.

I have 4200 TT, BUT as I was filling out the app, I can only input PIC/SIC (I have no 2nd officer or FE time).

If I count only my PIC/SIC time, I am pretty far short of the requirements, as I have about 400 student/dual-rcvd hours, and about 50 of solo.

Is there some way my student time can be counted?

Does student time not count?

Any info/suggestions are appreciated!!!

cliff
KGRB

PS-I also have 3000+ multiengine jet, crew, aircraft over 10K kg (mostly US -121 time), 2 jet type ratings, and some heavy, intntl, and overwater experience.

What can YOU do?
TRY!

drnetsurfer
12th Dec 2008, 16:57
Emirates Mins

A minimum of 4,000 hours total flying time
A minimum of 2,000 hours multi-crew, multi-engined jet aircraft experience
ICAO ATPL
English language fluency (written and verbal comprehension)
ICAO English language Proficiency (a minimum of level 4) - a license endorsement or a Jeppesen English Proficiency Test
Experience commensurate with age
Type rated would be advantageous

Well I will field this one.....on the face of things, 12 months ago you may have had a shot because you would have been within 500hrs of the required total time and may have been offered an interviewed. I believe the application on the Emirates website allows you to enter your student time or dual as part of your total time. In other words, while your dual would not count as P1 time (aircraft commander). It is flight time; as well, so is your solo time. However, I am not as verse in the ICAO/JAA/GCAA views on solo. FAA, if you were a student it is time as P1 (e.g. in order to attain your license with the FAA) and would count as PIC. However, this sort of nuance isn't what most guys currently applying for Emirates have to worry about. Soooo, then if you are worried about 50 hours of solo....chances are you are not competitive from a numbers stand point at this point. It sounds like you have flying experience but your numbers are below competitive in the current pool of applicants to Emirates.

Why....the world economy in a complete mess. Emirates now has a holding pool of applicants waiting for classes. A crap load of highly competitive guys on the streets looking for work with Emirates.

In time all this crap will work itself out......If Emirates is a place you want to work keep applying and building the hours and when/if they start recruiting again I think you will probably get a call. But take heed.....it maybe awhile....slowing deliveries from Boeing, economics, change in growth plans, the usual BS that comes with being an airline pilot etc etc). You may need to keep your options open to places besides Emirates.

( I am not giving any recommendation about the places I listed below...and these places are not places that I think offer deals that are favorable if you currently have a good job and good quality of life. Buyer beware! But if you need something....they are hiring.)

Checkout Fly Dubai, Gulf Air, Etihad

Later

Wizofoz
12th Dec 2008, 17:34
What drnet is true, however, in terms of experience, DUAL is SIC time whilst SOLO is PIC time (you were the only Pilot on board, so you were DEFIANTLY in command!!) so you do at least make minimum requirement.