PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Spectators

GK430
12th Dec 2008, 09:55
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Emirates/MahoXmas.jpg

Ian L
12th Dec 2008, 15:44
Where is Mother Christmas?................ I look forward to the pictures.

GK430
12th Dec 2008, 18:10
Aaaahhh, the ones under the CorsairFly 74:=

Maybe closer to the 25th as some have to reach their destination by snail mail;)

Big Eric
17th Dec 2008, 10:52
That's on old photo,the parasols are red now !
Recently,I watched a rather overweight American bloke take one 50 yards along the beach to get some peace away from the Sunset Beach Bar.:rolleyes:

It took him half an hour to swim out and get it after a Delta 757 had taken-off.

The applause from everyone in the bar was something else !!

He packed-up and went to the bar at the other end of the beach.

GK430
24th Dec 2008, 07:34
No it isn't Big Eric - didn't you hear about the hurricane in October?
Even the decking at the Sunset Beach bar was only replaced by Nov 29th '08

There was only Heras fencing along the other beach perimeter. And the Sunday Corsair wake vortex blew most of that down:{

BOAC
24th Dec 2008, 08:07
Where is Mother Christmas? - Hmm! I suspect closer than you think. A fime pair of legs.:) Any better pics, GK?

Greetings to you too.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Dec 2008, 08:12
<<Hmm! I suspect closer than you think. A fine pair of legs.>>

Don't you believe it - it looks remarkably like a bloke I used to work with!

Happy Crimble all and peace and good health in 2009.

Bren

BOAC
24th Dec 2008, 08:21
t looks remarkably like a bloke I used to work with! - did 'he' wear a bikini top and have lumps on his chest too?:)

GK430
24th Dec 2008, 08:45
Merry Xmas BOAC - your ability to differentiate the fairer sex is on top form:D

I will try and post two more pics (now I know Santa flies Boeing) from the great beach later - nearly had Maho sunburn once I got above 2,800 feet yesterday - what a treat!

P.S. Bren - just what did they wear at West Drayton all those yrs ago;)

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
24th Dec 2008, 10:32
<<just what did they wear at West Drayton all those yrs ago>>

Smart suits and brogues - always black after 7...

BOAC
24th Dec 2008, 12:13
....yes, but what about the boys?

RingwaySam
24th Dec 2008, 13:22
GK I remember you going to SXM around the same time I did last year. Do you have a place out there?

Nice shot btw :ok:

GK430
24th Dec 2008, 13:40
That's right Ringway.....a place out there! Nice idea, but after fun in a certain Parisian airport this year:E need to revise travel plans. I'm sure I saw a Falcon 900 I know sat there when I got there....hmm.

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/StanleyAirways/z-Thecard.jpg

Sorry Director 120.4 - See if I can get someone to wear a 3 pce suit next time;)
Twas a tad warm to put the lower Santa suit on - hope you and BOAC don't mind!

BOAC
24th Dec 2008, 13:41
Now I can see the ankle chain.... Mrs GK?:)

GK430
24th Dec 2008, 13:47
Crikey BOAC still a fast mover - quicker than you could roll a Folland Gnat;)

http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/StanleyAirways/z-OllieSanta.jpg

Oh and before anyone says 'Photoshop' to the Greeting....Yes, the type face was added using PS - I have no answer about the chap on the left's shadow.
Answers on a post card!

And to my friend in the Cockpit - Take Care tonight, hope Rudolph all fuelled up and see you down there in the New Year!

GK430
24th Dec 2008, 14:01
Afraid this is not Mrs. GK
http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp250/StanleyAirways/z-Beachsanta.jpg

Some Santas need a Siesta after the effect of a few too many
El Presidente's

RingwaySam
24th Dec 2008, 21:53
Nice shots GK - Does the local drug dealer still hang about around Maho Beach? Wears cowboy boots and has his list next to him randomly shouting "chaaaarlie" all day? Maybe you could get him to dress up as Santa :E

GK430
25th Dec 2008, 08:29
Thanks Sam.
I tend to only notice the fairer sex on the beach.....and the planes of course:p
Keep trying to hire a plane at Grand Case so I can get a check ride into
St. Barthelemy, however tracking an instructor down is something else.
A canadian had flown down in his Cherokee and was doing day trips to the other local islands, but he too needed a check ride into St. Barth's - rules is rules.

Big Eric
28th Dec 2008, 18:45
How bad was the island hit by the October hurricane?,we were there in July and had a wonderful time.

We flew over to St Barts on a WinAir Islander for a day-trip with Mike at the controls and that is SOME approach and landing.We saw the memorial at the top of the hill to those killed in the Twin-Otter accident,very sad.

We made a lot of good friends and we will be back next year.

We will fly there direct from Paris or Amsterdam next time as LIAT don't seem to carry suitcases for the pax on that flight,they carry cases from the PREVIOUS flight.

What do you do over there GK430 ?

GK430
29th Dec 2008, 11:18
Hurricane Omar went throught the island in October. The fence between the Rwy 10 (no longer 09) and the beach went. The Royal Islander Club is being renovated and not opening again until Feb - or so I was told.
Getting there from the U.K. is not exactly straightforward. Looked at getting my son there from the Antipodes - even less straightforward!
Keep thinking about Antigua and then LIAT, but I have heard too many stories about that transfer.
Trouble with AMS is going east to go west and then via Curacao on return.
Beware the transit time at CDG on the way back, in fact, beware full stop!
The U.S. has lots of options, but I think nearly all need a nightsop on the way out.
It's a great place to meet people, watch aircraft, dine out and if only the exchange rate was back where it was 6 months ago, great duty free shopping :ok: