PDA

View Full Version : I smell a rat , reversal of crew rest policy at EK

fourgolds
11th Dec 2008, 15:49
Gents , I will be the first to acknowledge management if they have taken our ASR,s etc seriously about not being able to get adequate rest in J class . If there is a reversal in that decision then it shows they take flight safety seriously ( see the latest flight opps update).

However , beware that they are not using this as a trial period ( before they announce the reversal) to prove that its only an industrial action.
i.e . Well Mr GCAA lets prove this to you. Its an industrial action. We will announce that we will once again allow rest in First Class. If in the interim the ASR,s stop coming through ( whilst we rest in J class), then its sufficient proof that its an Industrial action. So keep being professionals and submit those ASR,s if you are tired and unrested gents.

Its never finished until you cross the line.

mensaboy
11th Dec 2008, 17:24
You are 100% correct. The ASR's must keep coming or we will lose.

The mere fact that EK management views this as industrial action proves they have no concept of what adequate rest means. Well, perhaps they do have a small understanding, but then that means they simply do not care.

Has anyone else noticed the attitudinal change from any and all office types towards crew? The attitude has never been that wonderful, but now it is completely negative.

Thank goodness we have the likes of Ed, TCAS, each Fleet Manager (particularly FMA), looking after our best interests... NOT !

White Sausage
20th Dec 2008, 20:28
The FMB (F:mad:ng Mad B:mad:tch) doesn't exist!!! She never, ever, ever replies to mails or calls, so she is a phantom. Has anyone ever got in touch with her or even seen her?? God, how I hate her!!!:yuk:

Bluebaron
21st Dec 2008, 11:22
or you could take your rest in economy with a chatter box next to you like us Thomson guys in the UK!:rolleyes:

Trader
22nd Dec 2008, 10:11
PP emailed me back 2 days later regarding a leave issue (last week). Also saw her in person a few months ago - no appointment just walked in.

mini cooper
22nd Dec 2008, 11:16
Trader - good for you, I'm still waiting for PP to have the decency to reply to e-mails sent over a month ago!! I don't expect to receive any reply now, its too late anyway. The fact is it is courteous and good manners to acknowledge you have received an e-mail even if you cannot give an immediate reply. PP obviously does not have either. I suppose I could go into the office and see her face to face, but why should I have to - the company method of communication is e-mail, so she should reply......

As for crew rest, if you can't rest in the seats for whatever reason ASR ASR ASR ASR ASR.

alwayzinit
22nd Dec 2008, 14:21
Mini C I am sorry mate but ............. get over yourself!

On a personal level PP has been of great assistance on a couple of occasions to my family and me plus to a number of guys who I have flown with who have had situations that needed action and she was excellent.

I concur with Trader, go in and see the lady,as it is obviously important to you:ugh:.

That said sorry for the thread drift, bottom line if you are not rested or got proper rest an ASR is the right course of action.

Happy Xmas Sand Fleas

Alwayz