PDA

View Full Version : Staff travel on unpaid leave

2longhk
11th Dec 2008, 00:19
A heads up, your flown tickets become invalid once you take unpaid leave. Only tickets can be green pre- paid tickets. Help them out and that's is how you get treated.

Humber10
11th Dec 2008, 01:34
I wouldnt bother taking unpaid leave until the issue of paid leave is resolved. :ugh:

moosp
11th Dec 2008, 14:30
Thanks for the heads up on that.

What is it with these personnel people? Why do they not understand aviation business? A cx staff travel ticket makes revenue for the company. They now tell me that if I go on unpaid leave I cannot buy staff tickets whilst I am on unpaid leave. So they lose revenue.

There must be another agenda. Is it something to do with HK labour law that if a company is seen to be giving an advantage during a layoff, then certain other responsibilities kick in? Is this a way to sack people who have "withdrawn" from the company?

I do not trust the company on this one. There are too many catches, too many early errors that suggest it was sent out by before the GM had time to understand it. Too many provisos, too many what ifs. It looks as though CH is trying to control his territory before RH has understood his brief.

I suspect that this is a run in by the established junior management and one other in moderately senior scheduling management to embarrass and denigrate the new GM. They have given him a really dodgey fait accomplie and hope he will fall flat on his face on it.

Such is company politics.

I am interested in your comments on this, as the above is only my deduced impression. At the very least, this offer stinks, and is riddled with doubts.

BusyB
11th Dec 2008, 14:33
I suspect you can buy your tickets before you go on leave.