PDA

View Full Version : Fining Stansted for delays.

Hartington
10th Dec 2008, 14:01
CAA holds Stansted charges - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/transport/3690772/CAA-holds-Stansted-charges.html)

Contains the statement

BAA will be fined up to 7pc of passenger revenues for such things as lengthy security queues, poor cleanliness or lack of available seating.

Which is all very well but who gets the "fine"? My guess the CAA. Who should get it? Me! (and you). Here's my suggestion to allow you and me to get back some of the fine:

You have to have your boarding pass scanned as you enter security anyway. Set up a 2nd scan at the exit to security and work out the time taken. If the time exceeds a threshold issue the boarding pass holder with a voucher; the more over the thresholder the higher the value of the voucher. Vouchers to be used in one of 3 ways:

1) In airport retail outlets
2) Voucher to be placed in a charity bin and value to be donated by BAA to chosen charity (charity changes every week).
3) If value of vouchers reaches a certain minimum can be exchanged for high street vouchers (would permit issue of non-UK high street vouchers so passengers going home can also benefit).

It's too complicated isn't it? Well, how do you and I benefit from the fine? It's our money in the first place.

Seat62K
11th Dec 2008, 07:27
Interesting idea!