PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabian Airlines SFS dept

digsy52
9th Dec 2008, 15:41
Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Saudi Arabian Airlines SFS(special flight services) dept. I have been asked to come for an interview for a spot on a corporate jet.

Anyone know what;
a.) the chances of upgrading to the widebody fleet from the corp fleet would be?
b.) pay, housing quality of life etc.

I am willing to do what I have to to get on something that fits more than 9 pax, is this a viable route to that goal?

Thanks so much!

P.S Am flying a Medium sized corp jet right now, have 5000TT, 600 Jet, 1100 Multi, 3300 PIC....they say I fall short of 744 f/o requirements at this time.

digsy52
9th Dec 2008, 17:23
Thanks been there already..looking for SFS information(corporate end of Saudia).

mutt
9th Dec 2008, 20:26
Answer A) Has happened before, but is unusual. And certainly isnt a defined career path
Answer B) Look for threads on the airline itself, the housing issue is discussed.

they say I fall short of 744 f/o requirements at this time You would never get offered the 744, it doesnt accept direct hires or non-Saudi FO's, maybe they meant the Classic.

fits more than 9 pax What makes you think that you will achieve this goal?

Mutt

MIMO951
8th Apr 2010, 14:28
Hi
as i know they don't have widebody a/c in the SFS Dept. := so the chance to upgrade to the widebody is very small :suspect: , & its not easy to move from the SFS Dept. to the normal flight ops. :ugh: plus the SFS operation is very difficult there is no duty limitations there... :oh: they will treat you as a machine.
& regarding the salary, housing & all the benefits there is not standers its in depends on your contracts (i don't know much about it)
the quality of life its depends on you, some can deal with it & some can't.
saudi arabia is not open country like yours so think before you do it...

jetopa
11th Apr 2010, 10:10
To MIMO951:

Changing from SFS to mainline is only happening to people who came from there in the first place and they happen to be Saudis, mainly.

Some airplanes operate acc. to part 91 rules and others do so commercially. So, saying that they have no limitations, is not quite true.

The conditions and salaries are, to my knowledge, all the same for us expats. So is the housing. Some things might change though as they (= SFS and Saudia mainline) have lost some assholes recently who thought it was good idea to fake some personal issues and got to leave right after their type rating - without ever coming back.

Quality of life is what you make of it. This applies to everywhere, I'd say. And there are plenty of resources from where to collect information about this country and this company.

If you're not 100% prepared to put up with the conditions in this country, just stay away. It's easy.