PDA

View Full Version : Jaa to Faa in europe!!

xtremalsound
9th Dec 2008, 15:17
Hi Guys:

I'm helicoptero pilot with more than 1200 hours total time and Ir, and i would like get FAA license, does anybody know where i can do the conversion? has anybody information about ths exams, flight hours...?

Thaks for all

Phil77
9th Dec 2008, 15:58
I suggest you do a little legwork yourself (search this forum) - I remember quite a few earlier requests for information on FAA examiners in europe. I am also confused if you forgot what TorqueStripe told you in July last year:

1) Get your JAA license validated with the FAA for PPL privileges
2) Take the FAA written test for CPL and IR (about 80 USD a piece)
3) get a FAA medical (about 50-80 USD)
4) Fly with an instructor for at least 3 hour test prep for both CPL and IR (prices depend on the school)
5) Go for your practical tests (depending on examiner 300-500 USD each)

You also find ALL the requirements in the electronic version of the FARs (Title 14: Aeronautics and SpacePART 61—CERTIFICATION: PILOTS, FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS, AND GROUND INSTRUCTORS Subpart B—Aircraft Ratings and Pilot Authorizations ):
Electronic Code of Federal Regulations: (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?type=simple;c=ecfr;cc=ecfr;sid=e49c669e0eaf753022607609a 997f8ca;idno=14;region=DIV1;q1=foreign;rgn=div6;view=text;no de=14%3A2.0.1.1.2.2)

I don't mean to be rude, but imagine how rude it is to make other guys on the forum to write you a list on things you already (should) know.

Good luck with your conversion anyway! :ok: