PDA

View Full Version : Vale Geoff Brown

Dog One
9th Dec 2008, 09:31
Heard today that Geoff Brown, formerly of Jeppesen passed away in November. Geoff was also well known for his air pageant commentaries around Australia.

Red Jet
9th Dec 2008, 12:30
Well, if there ever was a gentleman in aviation - Geoff was IT!! What a gem of a man - I still have fond memories of all the phone calls to Jeppesen to chase up an amendment or similar, that ended up being a loong talk about the finer points of life and the true treasures that aviation holds for the ones that are willing to to embrace it. I will never forget that man -rest in peace Geoff. Your spirit will stay with us for a long time.

F111
10th Dec 2008, 04:44
He was a true gentleman who would go out of his way to fix any problems that may occur with your Jepp service.

It would be nice if they named a waypoint after him.

Stationair8
10th Dec 2008, 05:27
Geoff worked for Civil's at one stage in the early 1980's and put together the deal that saw the Depatrment of Transport Merlins get replaced with the G1000 Commanders.

kimwestt
10th Dec 2008, 06:43
Not only the Aviation fraternity that will miss Geoff - Geoff had a lot to do with and for the Geelong Football Club. And yes, he was one the finest gentlemen.
RIP GB.

Capt.Grumpy
10th Dec 2008, 11:33
Have to echo all of the above sentiments. I never met the man but had spoken to him on numerous occasions and nothing was too much trouble and as Red Jet said these phone conversations were enlightening. RIP Geoff.

cogwheel
10th Dec 2008, 12:54
A good mate from back at MB days in the ~70's when he used to do the airshow circuit as a commentator. He was one of those guys that was always about and as said above always had time for a chat. He was an ace at Jepps when he became the first Oz agent for them - nothing was too much trouble and he took pride in representing the company. He even arranged for me to have a trial of Jeppview when it was first released. It was good to be given some input and to make contact with other Jepp folk, especially at the AVV airshow.
Great memories of a good mate and total aviation person.

RIP Geoff - You will be missed

dogcharlietree
11th Dec 2008, 01:54
He was a true gentleman who would go out of his way to fix any problems that may occur with your Jepp service.

Agreed! Service above and beyond!

It would be nice if they named a waypoint after him.
Let's hope so.

By George
11th Dec 2008, 11:05
I have an Omega Navigation certificate issued by Civil Flying Services and signed by Geoff Brown, 1978. I cannot remember the course, but I remember Geoff, a true gentleman and a very clever bloke. Yet another sad loss.

South Park
12th Dec 2008, 05:58
Geoff Brown was a personnel friend of mine and he will be greatly missed by everyone in the industry.

I first had my introduction to Geoff when I was a little tacker around 10 and he has always offered help when and if i needed it.

Geoff you will be sadly missed mate...

:sad:You will be in my memory's for life mate, and every time I look at a jepp item I will always see you !!!

R.I.P