PDA

View Full Version : Indian DGCA acceptance of FAA STC's

ferrydude
7th Dec 2008, 19:07
Anyone know if they accept them unilaterally, or if there is some guidance available?

Could not find much on the DCGA website regarding installation of FAA STC's on

VT registered a/c.

Nightrider
8th Dec 2008, 08:09
was involved in importing several aircraft into India and getting DGCA approvals for STCs after VT registration took much more effort and time than bringing an aircraft with STCs already incorporated. :rolleyes:And this extra effort was even necessary if the same conversion / addition was approved previously in India.:ugh:
"Improving" the application by attaching "consideration" fees helped a lot:suspect::oh:

HAWK21M
8th Dec 2008, 08:15
DGCA normally approves STC previously approved by FAA/CAA/JAA.
regds
MEL

BigJoeRice
8th Dec 2008, 18:42
A few years back, I bridged a number of ex UAL B777's with previously installed FAA approved STC's to Air India and had no problems.

ferrydude
8th Dec 2008, 21:14
Thanks all. I too have imported aircraft with STCs installed with no issues.

Installation of an alteration once on the VT registry is another matter:eek:

shuchim
9th Dec 2008, 03:03
open dgca.nic.in then open RULEs then read CAR SECTION 2,SERIES-F( i think F part 20) .hope u get your answers

ferrydude
9th Dec 2008, 20:40
Thanks for the help, I should have asked; "anyone have any actual experience incorporating an FAA STC on a VT aircraft?"

Importing and placing on the registry is an entirely different matter

Relevant info found in GM 21.112B Subpart E

BigJoeRice
10th Dec 2008, 16:28
In the "for what its worth box"; we did a number on interior mods requiring LOPA plus new equipment and revised installation STC's on the same B777's once they were VT registered. The DGCA surveyor and AI engineering boys were good to work with and we had no real problems. The work was accomplished and authorised through a US MRO, and the aircraft left basically on time and with all STC's approved by the FAA and DGCA.