PDA

View Full Version : Bond buying Gloucestershire....?

Thrust Nut
6th Dec 2008, 13:45
It would appear that Bond are branching out into the real estate sector.
I wonder what they're plotting...?

A multinational company has launched a bid to buy Gloucestershire Airport in a multi-million pound deal. (http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/gloucestershireheadlines/Gloucestershire-Airport-set-sold/article-528298-detail/article.html)

nodrama
8th Dec 2008, 08:45
Securing their future at Staverton by the looks of it......

scooter boy
8th Dec 2008, 15:58
Wasn't it only 2 years ago that a very narrow majority vote in the local council chambers decided in favour of the continued operation of the airport at Staverton - I recall it being very close. The other option was "development" of the site.

Whether the airport's future is safest in the hands of the local council or with corporate ownership remains to be seen.

What is certain though is that all the employment and infrastructure that comes with the airport and are a substantial shot in the arm for the local economy. Certainly I would not continue to work up here if the airport ceased to exist and I think that is true for many like me who do not make their living through aviation. I am sure the airport "action group" would prefer us all to be driving around piously in priuses between Barratt houses built on old airfields - in the meantime they can count my movements...

SB