PDA

View Full Version : Missing airfield information... (YWBE)

drpain
6th Dec 2008, 09:29
Hi all,

this might be a stupid newbie question, but I've hit a comlete wall here...

I need to find information on YWBE / WERRIBEE airfield to plan a flight there, but in ERSA it is listed as an ALA, without any additional information. Also the aeroclub don't find it, nor can I find any real information via google. :ugh:

Help anyone?

I need the runway lenght / directions, operator phone, and info if it is a PPR airfield.

I bow to your wisdom.

WilliamOK
6th Dec 2008, 10:04
I have a feeling this might refer to the airfield that used to exist where they have are restoring the B-24 Liberator. It used to be a RAAF airfield.... I used to live out that way and I can't recall any airfields around at all.

There are there are no clubs or anything, apart from the model aircraft club. It may mean that it is a private airstrip perhaps, but once again I can't recall ever seeing/hearing any activity around the area.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Chu Mai Huang
6th Dec 2008, 10:18
OK William, don't mind if I do! You're wrong!
Werribee is just a private strip, probably still owned by Noel Evans, aka Werribee Aero Club.

Unhinged
6th Dec 2008, 11:46
Google gave this: Northam Aero Club Web Page (http://www.northamaeroclub.com/marchapril05.html)

Don't be put off by the title. Go to the page and search for Werribee. It has contact details & a phone number (albeit 3 years old now ...)