PDA

View Full Version : 767 slide deployment

mutorcs
6th Dec 2008, 05:13
did anyone see the qf 767 with a door slide deployed on thursday at Bne ?

any thoughts

blow.n.gasket
6th Dec 2008, 06:13
A ginger beer mate said it was a faulty door that had been reported a number of times as hard to close.
Ginger beer was looking at door and the fault was obviously a real one.
Lucky no one hurt.

domo
6th Dec 2008, 06:20
any rego ?

NAMD
6th Dec 2008, 06:29
Six months worth, and it comes with a RWC!! :}

Sorry, had to be done....

Howard Hughes
6th Dec 2008, 06:59
Perhaps he was the only one at QF yet to have his name in the paper...:E

haughtney1
6th Dec 2008, 07:53
Come on guys, this is a reasonably well known fault on the 757/767...
I've been on a 767 where we were going to refuel whilst boarding, and as is the rules in this part of the world, there needs to be two exits available.
Long story short, the left rear slide-raft deployed..even with a safe indication shown on the door, and no visible engagement of the slide bustle.
It does happen...

Avid Aviator
6th Dec 2008, 12:41
Yeah, these things happen, but I don't follow your connection to refuelling and having someone at an exit that "just blew"?

Usually a slide deployment is operator error, or a result of mechanical problem encountered when operating the door (eg malfunctioning door, evidenced by inabilty to arm /disarm)....

haughtney1
6th Dec 2008, 14:37
Usually a slide deployment is operator error, or a result of mechanical problem encountered when operating the door (eg malfunctioning door, evidenced by inabilty to arm /disarm)....

Avid, that is precisely the connection, L4 (or 2 depending on your viewpoint of naming doors rather than emergency exits) was opened by a member of cabin crew whilst a set of stairs were positioned.
On a close examination, (after the event as part of the investigation) all the indicators showed the door to be disarmed.

speedbirdhouse
6th Dec 2008, 20:25
If it was QF, cabin crew are not permitted to open doors.

Company policy states all are to be opened from the outside.

dizzylizzy
7th Dec 2008, 06:59
Heard it was during pushback, CSM called to "Arm doors" - during call back the error was reported. When cabincrew when to arm the door the placard went from disarmed to blank (ie: stuck in the middle) and the girt bar couldnt be seen. Went back to bridge for engineering to look at. Engineering couldn't conclude so there was only one way to find out... and there she blew.

Let's not forget to mention the e-jet in MEL airport that had 3 out of 4 slides deployed because of poor training to ground and cabin staff.

DJCCGuy
8th Dec 2008, 03:02
Let's not forget to mention the e-jet in MEL airport that had 3 out of 4 slides deployed because of poor training to ground and cabin staff.

These Ejets .. are you referring to Virgin Blue? And where did you get your info from?

There has been 1 occurance only of an Ejet slide pack falling out onto the stairs however it did not drop enough for the slide to actually fully deploy. This was during a Pit Crew training session...not to sure why you would assume staff recieve poor training as it is certainly not the case.

dizzylizzy
9th Dec 2008, 09:48
Goes without saying doesn't it.

Hope we don't have to go back to "cross checking doors" ... such a waste of time. Let's not forget, "Your door, your responsibility!'

I love seeing some of the beehives arming their door by 'flicking' the girtbar with their feet haha.

ditzyboy
10th Dec 2008, 03:20
I love seeing some of the beehives arming their door by 'flicking' the girtbar with their feet

Lizzy -

I watch in awe as they do this. It is experience at it's best! LOL. How is it that these people can be so casual about door arming but have a half hour b*itch fight on how the tea and coffee will be offered on a AYQ sector (the EASIEST sector service-wise)?!

dizzylizzy
10th Dec 2008, 09:12
It's almost a work of art how they do it. *flick out of door and stamp girt bar into a/c*

Little_Red_Hat
10th Dec 2008, 09:40
Not saying we should be a dobbing culture, but there is a reason one is required to kneel to arm/disarm a 737 door...

Maybe some people need to do EPs again... sure, it might be easier/quicker to 'do it my way' but quite possibly that could be the last thing you do wrong!!

Perhaps an anonymous safety observation report is in order, to the effect of, "on a number of occasions I have observed..." No point posting about it here where nothing will get done about it

dizzylizzy
10th Dec 2008, 10:43
But they all do it! Along with the Tuckshop lady march! **stomp stomp shove shove**