PDA

View Full Version : QF must have upset the Flight Gods

emudodo
5th Dec 2008, 23:16
It appears that an Airbus 330 has been grounded this morning at Tulla due to a dog escaping from its cage in the hold and punching through the protective walls and chewing through a wiring loom........luckily it didn't happen to any of the flight control wiring in flight!!!:eek:

They sure seem to be having a bad trot at the moment

teresa green
6th Dec 2008, 01:13
They had a cat flying around for 3 weeks once in VH EBB. (who else) but old bucket of bolts. The crews came aboard armed with kitty litter and whiskers and milk, until they finally caught it. ( I believe the owner sued the company and got a pay out) Those were the days when thats all that happened!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

emudodo
6th Dec 2008, 05:25
We had a Lion cub, of about 8 months of age get loose in the locker on a three holer between ADL & PER back in the 70's. That was a real circus trying to get it out and off to the Perth Zoo. but at least it didn't chew anything important, although it took a swipe at the bag snatcher who opened the locker door (he promptly shut it and called for reinforcements):eek::ok:

UPPERLOBE
6th Dec 2008, 09:09
There was a cat loose in a QF Electra many moons ago and ended up being very well travelled and the gingerbeers got a lot of experience in pulling the snakepit out as well. These things make for absorbing reading in the tech log.

mppgf
7th Dec 2008, 09:00
I once heard of a rat loose on a QF 737.Apparently the aircraft sat around in BNE for a few days while the gingerbeers tried to find and assasinate it.

Pinky the pilot
8th Dec 2008, 04:41
Once had to fly a 402 loaded with about 260 saltwater crocs each about three feet long, all trussed up in cartons with a sturdy rubber band around their jaws. Glad none of them got loose!:eek:

Though I once heard of a bloke doing the same run one day where one did get loose......:uhoh:

rack 'n stack
8th Dec 2008, 05:02
Was a flight deck famil back in the 80s on an Airlines of SA Friendship going to Broken Hill when a Siamese cat out of the carton about 20 minutes out of Adelaide. Clawed its way out!!Helped chase the thing into the loo and locked it in. 2 hours no toilet break!!On landing BH baggie opened the loo door - cat disappeared into the night!