PDA

View Full Version : bose headset wot modelis it???

tracker69
5th Dec 2008, 09:35
i have just bought a second hand bose headset,however i have a slight problem because i don't know what model it is whether its for helicopter or aircraft,how can i tell..??it came with 2 sets of plugs 1 lemo and 1 8 pin fisher plug ...any ideas chaps?

R44-pilot
5th Dec 2008, 09:53
Just try it in a Heli would probably be the easiest thing mate.

Plug it in and ask for a radio check....

206Fan
5th Dec 2008, 12:33
Sounds like you have a combined Fixed/Rotary setup, as mentioned, get to an aircraft and try it out!

DB6
5th Dec 2008, 14:09
If it's a Bose-X then I think it will work in either, but you will need the cable to suit your installation. If you want to use it in a normal light aircraft (2 plug) you'll need the relevant cable, which can be bought easily but costs about £150 I think. If you don't know if it's a Bose-X do a google search and see if it looks the same.

Phil77
5th Dec 2008, 14:44
The fixed wingers do have two plugs (one mic, one speaker) attached to ONE cable (Y-connector)... one more myth why both worlds still need different systems (like PIC right seat vs. left)

But in your case it looks like you got two PANEL mount plugs, not the portable you might want... however, I googled it and somebody claims the 8 pin fisher is for helicopter panel mount.

DryAir
5th Dec 2008, 16:18
Had a quick look through the bose website and found no options for a high/low impedance switch setup for the mics.. Only DC's offer em?

md 600 driver
5th Dec 2008, 17:55
with bose you but the mike plus lead for either of the high/ or low impedance

if you send me picture of the mike i will tell you which it is i have both

or one of the mikes is thin the other is round at the end

Phil77
5th Dec 2008, 18:06
I think Um... lifting... is right; depending of the type of airplane you fly, changing the mic-cable-batterypack setup might be cheaper (maybe not for a Robbie :E ) - it will still cost you $195!!! :eek:

Gordy
5th Dec 2008, 21:31
Tracker,

whether its for helicopter or aircraft

If helicopters are not aircraft---what are they?