PDA

View Full Version : DHC-6 Endo in Auz???

the wizard of auz
5th Dec 2008, 08:53
anyone able to do them here? or do I have to go abroad?. any info gratefully received.
Cheers, Wiz.

bizzybody
5th Dec 2008, 10:39
Try Phill at Sydney Sky Divers, they used to do them but im not sure if they still have it. They did have one out the front the other day though

iamafish
5th Dec 2008, 20:46
Seair Pacific on the Gold Coast might also be worth a try. Not sure what the status of their Twotter is, though...

It seems like all the Twotters are in demand Overseas nowdays :(

Good luck! Best fun you can have in a twin :)

Ejector
5th Dec 2008, 22:16
Possibly regional Pacific has some on Horm Island, SeaAir on the Gold coast, I heard 1 is doing jollies around the bungles, I heard Phill at SYD meat bombers got rid of it, but all my info is out of date.

Why don't you do it on the one you are going to fly?

the wizard of auz
5th Dec 2008, 23:22
Thanks guys. The one I am going to fly is not available for endorsement training, and is currently having a few extensive AD's done.

MyNameIsIs
6th Dec 2008, 00:06
Regional pulled their Twotters from the Straits ages ago and sent them abroad- Solomons, PNG....

Might be a good idea to look abroad to see if any are available; expensive though.

Skystar320
6th Dec 2008, 01:35
Nature Air in Costa Rica I believe do endoresments

the wizard of auz
6th Dec 2008, 02:11
Ejector, PM sent. :ok:

j3pipercub
6th Dec 2008, 02:54
Seair Pacific's sold, South America.

j3

geeup
6th Dec 2008, 03:11
Regional has 1 in the hangar being rebuilt due Jan 09 but it will have a P2 rego on it.
And they aren't real in the business of selling endos but..

Mr.Buzzy
6th Dec 2008, 03:27
Pilot Training, Pilot Centre, learn to fly at Aeromil Pacific (http://www.aeromil.com.au/PilotTraining.aspx)

This place may be worth a try. They seem to wheel and deal Otters on occasion.

bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the wizard of auz
6th Dec 2008, 04:36
They only train ya for their own product and that is contracted out to other training facilities. I will have to go OS by the look of it. Thanks for the info guys.:ok:

The Green Goblin
6th Dec 2008, 23:33
Try Karratha Flying services.

Chief pilot is Mark, and a good bloke :ok:

the wizard of auz
7th Dec 2008, 07:35
I didn't realize they had a twotter up there.... If so, that would be ideal for me.
Cheers.

The Green Goblin
7th Dec 2008, 07:43
You must have spent to much time in Magnet eh wiz? still got that 310? :ok:

KFS have a nice fleet going on, some of the best looking GA aeroplanes i have seen, i heard a little rumour not to long ago that a Bandit was moving from Geraldton to KFS, but it seems its gone back to Adelaide. Not good news for GAC. :{

the wizard of auz
7th Dec 2008, 08:03
Yup, still got that old gal. Three minutes is to long in Magnet..... I'm further east. :E
will make the call in the morning. I haven't been to Karratha for yonks. loosing touch with that part of the country. I'm either way north or way east of there nowdays. :ok:

ROH111
7th Dec 2008, 23:17
I dont think KFS would be much help. From what I know they don't do external endorsements, and the Chief Pilot isn't Mark... No one by that name works there... unless we are talking about another company...

The Green Goblin
8th Dec 2008, 01:24
Sorry whiz i had a few glasses of red when i wrote that, the CP is Ryan :D

I can understand why they wouldn't do an external endorsement on the PA31s as simply no sensible company would unless its cross hired to a flying school :bored: but a kerro burner doesn't mind the EFATO like a turbo charged piston engine does!

It's a really nice Twotter the KFS one, nicest one i've seen getting round in fact!

Cool banana
8th Dec 2008, 06:48
You could try Sun Air Pacific (ex Sunflower) in Fiji as they still operate the Twin Otter.

the wizard of auz
8th Dec 2008, 07:36
If I have to go OS, I'll go to flight safety I reckon. Thnx anyway.