PDA

View Full Version : What's happening at Ozjet

feenix
5th Dec 2008, 07:06
Things seem to have gone very quiet at OJ-Does anyone know what's happening there as it wasn't too long ago they were advertising for crew

the wizard of auz
5th Dec 2008, 09:03
the Mnt Gibson money drying up could be an explanation. and if that contract has cooled a bit, I have no doubt other contracts could be shaky. All part of the global credit crisis, and the resources sector rationalization and phases of large change. :eek:

Mach E Avelli
6th Dec 2008, 00:39
Just don't allow this thread to descend to any contentious comment - or else it will be locked out like all previous threads surrounding this company. Critical comment - whether substantiated or not - will not be tolerated.
In Ozjet's defence, they have been given a reprieve by fuel prices coming down, which helps when your fleet is made up of old gas-guzzlers. This in turn means that they can continue to undercut the competition for a little longer. The competition may have the advantage of modern equipment and fuel efficiency, but some of their lease costs would be hurting right now.
Customers love a price war and even more so in these hard times where everyone is trying to screw prices down. Those that don't have vivid imaginations don't even care about the age of the aircraft. On that note I was surprised to see a CV 580 doing FIFO work in W.A. for a large mining related company, which I would have thought until recently had plenty of money. Ozjet's B732's are space age in comparison.

the wizard of auz
6th Dec 2008, 01:45
I saw one in Broome last week. they on other contracts?.
they certainly are an old gal....... I could run a van for a week on what comes out of back end of the engines on take off...........and strwth they are loud. :eek:
I certainly cant see why they would be at a disadvantage because they are old other than the fuel efficiency though. for the average punter not looking in the pointy end, they wouldn't know the difference from a A320. Throw in lease cost etc, and they would probably still be in front. Plenty of spares about for them still too. They look pretty good in the paint job, that alone would sell most punters.

ejohn57
25th Jan 2009, 12:29
we have word that there will be a twice weekly flight to cck/xch with 737 200 series. ozjet? also are there flights resticted into perth for noise?

Skystar320
25th Jan 2009, 22:14
Rumour has it that its Skyairworld. Heard a captain of OA saying they bidded but wasnt successful.

However, until a firm announcement has been made were all left guessing....

A CV580 on a perth FIFO run? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I must have been going blind..

BTW no noise related for Perth airport for the B737-200's all are stage three aircraft.

Monopole
26th Jan 2009, 00:28
I certainly cant see why they would be at a disadvantage because they are old other than the fuel efficiency thoughYeild Wiz. Thats where they probably stay competitive.

I remember watching a show with Donald Trump and he was showing off his old 727 in biz jet config.. The airfeild he was at was full of Citation X, G5s and all the rest. He commented on how he could buy and RUN his older 72 for 10 odd years before he spent the same amount on one of these new aircraft.

Of course this would obviously depend on the amount of hours it flies. But same logic may apply here with OJ.