PDA

View Full Version : Delta 107 FRA - JFK Diverted to GLA 3 Dec

bmi goldenboy
4th Dec 2008, 18:39
Hi. Was on my way out of GLA yesterday and noted that the above was parked in GLA and due to depart at 1900. Anyone the background?

Romeo India Xray
4th Dec 2008, 20:22
Divert

1 post to your name - thread starter

You are not a journo are you?

If you are ... I guess it was because it was the safest course of action - AC was undamamged on the ground. Aircraft only make money taking PAX to B from A, not getting stuck in C. AC was safely on the ground - good divert all round.

If you are not a jouno ... I guess it was because it was the safest course of action - AC was undamamged on the ground. All good. Bean-counters go away and lick your wounds.

RIX

CentreFix25
5th Dec 2008, 05:40
RIX - What a bizarre post.

Goldenboy - Put the words 'Delta Divert Glasgow' in a search engine, as I just did, and smoke in the cockpit seems to be the common denominator.

Betablockeruk
5th Dec 2008, 09:54
Must like the place. Looks like same aircraft diverted into Glasgow on 24/10 on the DL140.

Donkey497
5th Dec 2008, 13:26
Noticed its arrival as I was waiting for the EK to DXB to be called. Checked with my buddies on the EGPH forum who confirmed cockpit smoke was the reason for the divert & that it was the same aircraft that had dierted there earlier.

No idea if it was maybe just the smell of smoke, or choking, inpenetrable smoke, thick enough to cut with a chainsaw, So, depending on if your a journo or not, draw your own conclusions.:confused:

Sadly, despite a reasonable number of fire engines drawn up around the aircraft sitting quietly at a remote stand, I failed to see thousands of horribly burned hysterical passengers being dragged from a raging inferno by a single plucky hero firefighter........:=:=:=

Icare9
5th Dec 2008, 17:04
"...after terrifying mid air plunge, narrowly missing school for blind orphans and dogs home, with oxygen masks falling from ceiling nor cabin announcements, leaving plucky world wide explorer to boldly go where none would dare to tread. Meantime back in the studio our aviation expert said ................." :eek:

bmi goldenboy
5th Dec 2008, 18:51
first and last post. Your all a bit paranoid eh?

Not a journo, just a very frequent SLF thru GLA and was curious about the delta flight at GLA. Apologies but when I googled it i came up a blank. Lesson learned, I won't bother u lot again.

Donkey497
6th Dec 2008, 01:24
Don't take it personally, you just gave us a chance for some journo bashing......:ok: