View Full Version : Airbus 320 line experence.

OTHELOS
4th Dec 2008, 16:03
Dear All,
Anyone has any info concerning the 300Hrs line experience Eagle Jet International is offering?

No RYR for me
4th Dec 2008, 19:59
Keep your money in your pocket until the market picks up.... Nobody is waiting for low houred FO's at the moment.. not even with 300 hours. You are 6 months too late.. :8

IrishJetdriver
4th Dec 2008, 20:54
Absolutely. Way way too late. Keep the money for when better times are evident.

Knee Trembler
5th Dec 2008, 06:56
I looked at this a while back when I was out of work. Don't do it!

Paying for a type rating is, sadly, a necessary evil these days. However, I would strongly urge anyone to do this only in return for a firm job offer.

I eventually went to XL, who paid me from day 1 of the course and produced the bill only after the LPC was completed. Globespan also offered me a job, but only after completion of the type rating and would not commit in writing.

To echo the comments above. Noone is interested in someone with 300 hrs on type. At the end you will be no better off and a lot poorer. It's a tough market at the moment, but there are opportunities out there. Much better to wait until things improve.

Good luck,

KT:)

Wingswinger
5th Dec 2008, 07:35
..and, remember that airlines are only doing this sort of thing whilst the going is hard in order to generate some extra revenue. When the busy times return, they won't be doing it as the training departments won't have the capacity. Don't waste your money.