PDA

View Full Version : aviance dublin

gary9
4th Dec 2008, 11:56
Heard a rumour that aviance were pulling out of Dublin (March) next year?

j_davey
4th Dec 2008, 12:45
yeah thats the rumour going around here in dub, march 28th is what I heard.
things not looking too rosey for aviance or servisair, then there's the EI possible ground handling outsourcing ..... I predict a riot!

Jd.

Northern Hero
4th Dec 2008, 21:20
Confirmed. 28th March the last day of operation. Good luck to all concerned.

JamesKirk
6th Dec 2008, 11:13
Just wait, you'll have that Idiot "DavyDay" predicting the demise of aviance again just becuase they may be closing another unprofitable station.
Feel sorry for all those who will be effected by this, however its tough for all the handlers at this time and only "Gate Aviation" seems to be bucking this trend.......... Wonder if they will become unstuck?

JK

EIDW RJ85
9th Dec 2008, 22:50
Sad day. i worked there for over 3 years in the past. Lots of good guys there. Hope they all get sorted in these harsh economic times in Ireland.

I just cant understand tho why Aviance DUB has not been just bought over. DUB is expanding rapidly with a new pier just opened and a new terminal due to open in 2010? Its left with just 2 handling companies, who quite frankly are not great.

Its a time for expansion in DUB not closure, tho Aviance never really wanted the DUB station. It came as a package after the Midland takeover. Managment has been a shambles from day 1. Its a shame that swissport or the likes cant come in and rescue the base!

Alan Tracey
14th Dec 2008, 20:33
Dublin saved ??

Irish Examiner | Irish News | News from Ireland (http://www.examiner.ie/irishexaminer/pages/story.aspx-qqqg=ireland-qqqm=ireland-qqqa=ireland-qqqid=79843-qqqx=1.asp)