PDA

View Full Version : Capt Al Partridge

clearone
3rd Dec 2008, 23:52
Does anyone know Capt Al Partridge,I still rememeber in (circa) August 1989 he was the operating Capt on flt 481 Mky-Rok Bne,I was loco on duty at Rok,when I went to receive the aircraft (DC9) I was quite amused at the standard of dress,both he and the F/O were wearing karki flying suites! :)

HANOI
4th Dec 2008, 01:54
El ( Elsden ) Partridge passed on some years ago . After TAA/Australian he did a stint of sim-instructing with CX in HKG . Had a junk for weekends , can't remember it's name but whenever referring to it he always added " May she sink one day " Also had the distinction of being divorced from Jan then remarrying her.

heywatchthis
4th Dec 2008, 04:03
Lulu was the name of the junk, and she did sink...

sundaun
4th Dec 2008, 05:53
I recall El taking DC3 PN? for the big swim off the end of the Madang runway in about '70. That evened up the Ansett and TAA T.P.N.G. fleets as after the acquisition of Patair by Ansett APNG we leased one back to TAA. It was a freighter, no injuries to crew after a hydraulics problem, but the aircraft was a write off.

HANOI
4th Dec 2008, 22:17
Sundaun

The DC3 was "PNB" ( Mt Murray ) but it wasn't El in command. It was crewed by Geoff Bennett and Kerry Huston. You may be confusing this with El's great effort putting the single engined Otter into a swamp near Josephstaal . El then said " I can hear dogs barking , there must be a village nearby , I'll strike out for help". His native passenger said " Nogat , emi ol
pukpuk ( crocodiles )".

sundaun
4th Dec 2008, 23:11
Sori tru, em i dementia, sik bilong lapun.

Animalclub
6th Dec 2008, 05:57
Hanoi

Was that the twotter prang which Len Cooper attended? I believe he ended up standing on the aircraft shooting at them thar pukpuks!!!

HANOI
6th Dec 2008, 23:18
Animal Club

Correct !!!. But it was a single engine Otter , not a Twotter.

clearone
7th Dec 2008, 22:14
Thanks Hanoi, just sitting here reminiscing the good old days when there were some real characters and gentlemen in the industry,Capt Mike Crook,Capt Savage ,Freddie Feathers to name a few and there was another chap and I cant remember his name, he often told the story of tying two pieces of string on the steering yolk (F27) and pretended he was controlling the aircraft as he proceeded backwards through the cabin to go the toilet