PDA

View Full Version : Etihad's A340-500 Fleet Grounded

Etihadghostrider
3rd Dec 2008, 07:04
Latest rumour to be confirmed....
Etihad's A340-500 Fleet has been grounded. Apparently some sharp eyed maintainer has noted that an AD that was required before the aircraft could be released to the line has "never" been performed.

The A340-500's have been flying pax illegally for the last two years.

I wonder what the AD was and how it impacted safety. Hopefully, heads will roll.

Jetjock330
3rd Dec 2008, 08:52
The 500's are still flying today and tomorrow.... and for the rest of the week. Not sure what you're on about!

Ancient Observer
12th Dec 2008, 11:57
Please be careful. In one of the posts in this thread, the initials of someone were posted. The hack world keep an eye on this site.
Said individual is a very nice person, very much a gentleman. (No, I do not work for him, and never have, but we did work together in one of the places he worked in).

sec 3
12th Dec 2008, 13:34
Observer
That was then, this is now. Said person holds very little repect from his peers in his present job. :cool:

camelbreath
13th Dec 2008, 14:37
There are far worse in positions of power!...certain individuals at fleet level and in the training depts need to be removed if we are ever to see this outfit progress!

tuskegee airman
14th Dec 2008, 21:09
What is the latest info re the grounding of the captioned fleet?

Bredrin
18th Dec 2008, 12:52
Never was grounded

blizar
21st Dec 2008, 11:58
EYXW, are you looking for a mngt position ?

EYXW
21st Dec 2008, 12:18
good come back. :rolleyes:

No is a straight answer though.

EYXW
22nd Dec 2008, 05:55
Close friend - no. Junior Employee yet to have a problem - yes.

Language doesn't offend me I just don't think it's fair to say someone is a t*sser and not quantify it.

Why do people always assume that when someone has something positive to say that you have some motive behind it? I'm sure the person you are referring to and his friends would have more sense than to post on here anyway....... I'm just a lowly employee with a more positive outlook.

EYXW
22nd Dec 2008, 10:13
I am a bottom of the pile pilot so not unused to some people earning more than me.

I was an FA at the last airline I worked for and some of my more, ahem 'senior' attendant colleagues earned a fair whack more than some Junior FO's in total let alone in just allowances. It's not a 'problem' invented by Etihad. The CC have won their points - no reason to throw toys out of the pram.

Trust me I am no lover of management underhandedness etc. but again - given EY's fairly unique situation, it's age and growth rate - some problems are surely inevitable. I have yet to have any complaints with our leadership team.

Don't get me wrong I'm bored of the hotel (wouldn't be on here otherwise) but otherwise life is good.

Or maybe I just enjoy my job too much to care - certainly beats the Tea & Coffee days.

EYXW
22nd Dec 2008, 13:37
that was the quick way to say what I thought! thanks - least I am not alone!

Fox3snapshot
23rd Dec 2008, 06:20
Sooooooooo....after all that palaver, what about the grounding that did or didn't happen??! Based on the dribble that has gone backwards and forwards on this thread I guess it was a non-event :hmm:

Ancient Observer
29th Dec 2008, 13:17
I'm pleased that the moronic character assasinations of one person have ceased. That person would receive glowing references from leading Aviation figures in the UK. Unlike the moaners on here.
If you do not like what he is doing, for some reason, have the cojones to go talk to him direct, rather than moaning on this anon. website.

EYXW
30th Dec 2008, 09:24
Ancient Observer - seconded.

kit330
30th Dec 2008, 11:53
Well Said Sec 3.....:d

sandblasted
3rd Jan 2009, 06:03
I have to agree with Toubob, the pioneers risked coming out to AUH and setting up the Airline, the contract stipulated 50 days so thats what should remain for these guys..The office jockies have in excess of 50 days if you include natonal holidays so maybe they should review their own contracts too! :ugh:

Togalk
3rd Jan 2009, 06:49
I wonder how many days off Management have in a year. If you take their contract allotment, then add in Eid, Ramadan, the occasional Sheikh death, I am sure it is allot more than 50.

BITE System
5th Jan 2009, 03:33
As I understand the leave allowance for flight deck crew is 30 days and 12 days for the annual national public holidays, making it 42 days of annual leave. So if you are employed as a “management” pilot (in the office) and you take advantage of the national holidays then you should only be entitled to 30 days annual leave.

I think that if your contract said you are entitled to 50 days of leave then your company should honour that contract! Call me old fashioned.