PDA

View Full Version : Information on NAC, South Africa

amerioca
3rd Dec 2008, 02:59
Hi everybody,

anybody ever worked for NAC ( www.nac.co.za (http://www.nac.co.za)) (http://www.nac.co.za/)Any input is highly appreciated. Looks like a reputable organization, but I would be interested on input of anybody aware of any information, or have worked (air or ground) for them previously.

Any input highly appreciated.

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Dec 2008, 04:29
The "search" function is your friend. Plenty of info on this forum in past threads.

Goffel
3rd Dec 2008, 09:01
I know of a couple of guys that have been approached or promised a job on contract with them, only to find that nothing has/is coming about it.

Even heard of one guy actually starting there and then battling to get an appointment letter from them....things did not work out to well as he never got an appointment letter.......he got a bye-bye letter though.

They used to be a great company to work for, (and probably still are), but make sure that you get everything on paper before resigning from your present position.

Goffel........

amerioca
3rd Dec 2008, 11:19
Tnx for the tip Solid Trust Twotter, found a couple of threads but nothing really useful. What I would like to know is, how is it like to work with them. How's the pay? How are they organized (if at all). Appreciate any input

amerioca
3rd Dec 2008, 11:22
Tnx Goffel. Very useful. Will keep that in mind. Are you aware of whom is doing the hiring/interviews? How's the management like? How's the pay? Per Diems etc? Had a couple of impacts with a carrier in Lagos some 18 months ago and will try to avoid that sort of:mad: for the future. Any input is appreciated.

Propellerpilot
4th Dec 2008, 12:55
Amerioca - just from the attitude of your post, working for NAC is probably not for you:uhoh: - reason: you have a tone that is sort of "high expectations" and not wanting to deal with f:mad:ed up ops. Saying that, I'm not implying that I would call NAC operations that, however I also know of some contract pilots that work there, that have had to deal with a lot of crap and lack of organization and were not happy with a few things - but hey that is more or less kind of normal even for most reputable South African companies that one would still choose to work for, so either you can deal with it on a personal level or not - they will use and abuse you, after all that is what you will be getting paid for in their view of things. The charter side of NAC is difficult to get into, unless you have some inside local connections to the guys that have been working there for ever and then you would know the place inside out in anyway and would not have to ask these questions in a forum. Pay is highly variable, I do not think they have a thing such a pay scale - you have to negotiate and show what you are worth to them - I doubt any figures that someone might give, will be of much use. You will either love them or hate them.

Why don't you give the lady at the front desk a call and ask for the chiefpilots name and call him - if you are not in the country - it's another problem, if you can't appear there in person, you probably won't stand a chance and nobody will offer you anything anyway. Don't take it personally, but it happens to almost everybody that sends them their personals on a daily basis.

amerioca
5th Dec 2008, 03:02
Hey Propellerpilot, first tnx for the info and comments. No attitude to this post.:= Only sourcing, what possibly to expect. Flying the remotest areas of this planet, the worst thing to do, is probably, expecting anything, but with no doubts, it helps to be prepared for certain spects by the experience of others. At the end of the day, that is one of the reasons why this sort of forums exist. What you call f:mad:ed up ops, is, as we all probably know, rather the rule than the exception in many locations and appreciating the little things in life comes with the territory. And you are right, that is what they pay us for, but flying mostly uncontrolled airspace, VFR ops, partly to the absolute time limits,with sometimes 104 ground temp. on airfields the lengh of an extended pathway, etc etc, it certainly helps and makes it easier, if there is a certain ground support structure, organized management and facilites in the system. And if not, it still helps, if I know on the forhand, that it is not there, so I am able to prepare. What I meant by my reply to Goffel was, that I was promised lot's of stuff, which was simply not there when I arrived and started flying in LOS.

Even though, not all of my questions were answered, and nobody expects that to be happening here, but if I filter and consolidate the information, provided here by you and the others, I already know pretty much more, than I did before posting this thread. So thank you all for your info.