PDA

View Full Version : Vale Captain Boggles

Irish Rose
2nd Dec 2008, 04:17
It is with deep regret that I advise the passing of Captain Boggles last night - a South Australian identity well known for barnstorming in his Tiger Moth. A true gentleman - he'll be sadly missed. My condolences to his family.

VH-XXX
2nd Dec 2008, 07:39
That's a tragedy, Cap'n Boggles was a real character. I last saw him flying his Tiger at Tooradin Vic, some 6 years ago. He had erected signs on the side of the road all the way from Phillip Island to Tooradin, not legal, but certainly got the patrons in!

Desert Flower
2nd Dec 2008, 08:42
Captain Boggles or Captain Biggles? If it's the guy I knew & flew with once (Rob), he was known as Biggles. His lady friend used to drive the F250 (from memory) & was well known for keeping the spare change down her ample cleavage!

DF.

Irish Rose
2nd Dec 2008, 10:44
Yes guys, it's Captain Boggles,

And yes, I'm sure it's the same lady you're talking about. She is just as wonderful as Captain Boggles (maybe Biggles at one time). She was his rock, and I'm hoping she'll continue as such for some time to come - difficult as that may be at the moment.

strim
2nd Dec 2008, 12:30
Took me for my first ride in a Tiger. CCTS with loops on downwind.

Didn't know him well, but know people who do. Was a great bloke and thank you Boggles for providing me a lasting aviation memory.

VH-XXX
2nd Dec 2008, 20:58
He was the first person I've ever seen to integrate loops, aileron rolls and barrell rolls into a standard circuit pattern.

Standard marketing / joy flight circuit consisted of normal take-off, held down to build up speed, alieron roll on upwind climb, speed built up as turning downwind, a loop on mid downwind, a barrell roll culminating into the turn onto base and in and home with smoke on all the way. If I tried hard I could turn that into a poem.