PDA

View Full Version : Ex VEI Chief Flying Again?

gyrohead
19th May 2001, 23:55
Anyone heard the rumour that DC and other ex VEI guys have been hired by a new as yet un-named start-up in Shannon. I have this from a very reliable source!

Mad Mitch
20th May 2001, 02:06
What other ex VEI guys, theres nobody left everyone got sorted thankfully with GO,EZY,GB,VA etc.
To answer your question I heard the rumuor a few weks back that DC, MH,PS were still hoping to pull off the deal with the yank investors, maybe they have. Talk was of a start up in SNN with two 737s by Oct and six by Apr 2002.
Good luck to them, they might have a problem recruiting crews though, not too many of the lads in a hurry to go back after the stich up with the layoffs

Paddy went to Brussels
20th May 2001, 15:30
Well if DC is there I will mot be there as will the majority of the guys and gals,I wouldn`t go through that sh*te again for any amount of money.
The last I heard DC was on a 767 in LGW.

gyrohead
20th May 2001, 16:07
I think its a "watch this space!", but there is definetly something stirring..

scanscanscan
21st May 2001, 04:01
The DC I knew in Gulf Air as Fo and then Captain and then Training Captain and then Simulator instructor and then Check Captain was a safe and dedicated airman and tryed hard to become a really good trainer rather than a chopper of pilots careers.
He suffered the usual simply wicked treatment by the management at the time of his wifes fatal accident and left.
This was Gulf Airs loss and he certainly could have prevented the GF 072 crash as he would have been brave enough to resist the fast tracking of the 072 captain, as it was fate conspired to have him not there to guide the department.
Maybe one day you can imagine the stress generated by the loss of a young wife and mother has on an airman already fully stretched by years of training in high temperatures in the Gulf.
DC must now bring up his kids alone.
I for one wish him well and better luck in the future.
You do not like him and obviously feel he is a total ****** and feel free to E mail me why.
Meanwhile I feel you will feel better if you take the knife out of DC and attempt to move on, DC has and his tale of sadness is atleast as great as yours.
Good Luck DC where ever you are out there it was just great being trained by you.

------------------
We will do the drill according to the amendments to the amendments I er think?