Anyone know where I can find a Caribou instructor ? need one urgently

thanks

Disco Stu
1st Dec 2008, 02:38
131757 and ask for Bruce Byron.

He might have a recency issue though.:}

Tagneah
1st Dec 2008, 02:44
Caribou's are very hard things to ride. I'd stick to horses.

VH-XXX
1st Dec 2008, 05:10
Give Hawkers a call at Brizzy inter, there's 2 of them sitting on the tarmac outside.

Jabawocky
1st Dec 2008, 07:36
Give Hawkers a call at Brizzy inter, there's 2 of them sitting on the tarmac outside.

What!!! :eek:

I know that the view is nice and all but why would they do that to their staff (if they have instructors)?

J:E

Grogmonster
1st Dec 2008, 10:45
Eight,

Give Sqn Ldr Tim Shaw at RAAF Amberley a call. He will point you in the right direction.

Grog.

tipsy2
1st Dec 2008, 11:03
Tim Shaw at RAAF Amberley

Do I get a dozen steak knives with an endorsement???????

tipsy:ok:

Tiger 77
1st Dec 2008, 14:50
I'm also looking at getting a Caribou endorsement. Does anyone know of any Caribou's that are available for private hire or for endorsement training (preferrably in Australia)?

Cheers
Tiger

timor
2nd Dec 2008, 06:54
Hi

Does anybody know where I can private hire a PC9 with instructor to do some local flying.

Would prefer new model with not many hours, and also cheap (less than $250) per hour

Its nice to dream anyways

megle2
2nd Dec 2008, 07:00
" Give Hawkers a call in Brizzy! )
Got your finger on the pulse there.
Hawkers sold their hangar to EAD's about 5 years ago and closed up.

They now rent space in the Brenzil hangar ( way down at the old international hard stand ) and run a Aus style FBO. Nothing else.

Gundog01
2nd Dec 2008, 07:09
Grogmonster

Way to hang a RAAF employees details out there in the public forum, even if the location is incorrect.

Mods any chance of having said persons name removed??

VH-XXX
2nd Dec 2008, 07:43
Megle2, there were 2 Bou's parked outside the "Hawker Pacific" hangar at Brisbane on Friday. My apologies your lordship if the hangar is not owned by Hawker any more.

Zhaadum
2nd Dec 2008, 07:51
Grogmonster 1 , Gundog 0. :O

Tim Shaw was a TV personality famous for selling everything imaginable from DEMTEL in the eighties and nineties.
He was famous for giving away sets of steak knives with everything. "BUT WAIT! There's more! :D

Z.:ok:

Gundog01
2nd Dec 2008, 23:33
Zhaadum, thanks for the history lesson mate.

Dont you not think that an anonymous forum should remain that way, especially when the person whose name is mentioned proably didn't agree to have it published here???

I know i am personally very protective of my personal details being public knowledge.

megle2
3rd Dec 2008, 04:07
XXX, thanks for the lofty title.

Simply Hawkers have been long gone.
EADS will be cheesed off that you can't read their signage.
And when I looked over that way last week there were 4 bou's.

And no instructors.

Lasiorhinus
3rd Dec 2008, 08:22
Wait.... Gundog, are you Tim Shaw?
:eek:

Gundog01
3rd Dec 2008, 20:57
Lasiorhinus.....no mate but i know him and what have to asume that he (like most of my colleagues) wouldn't want his name splashed around. Thats all.

Lasiorhinus
4th Dec 2008, 07:37
... the Tim Shaw from Demtel?

Gundog01
4th Dec 2008, 10:17
Can't beat em, join em. Plus if you postin the next 5 minutes you'l recieve this set of steak knives....and.....

Eight Ball
5th Dec 2008, 11:21
Wait there's more.............

So, is Bruce Byron still current on the DHC4 ? does anyone know his email address where I can get a hold of him ?

Any airforce instructors out there who use to fly the bou ?

Disco Stu
5th Dec 2008, 11:28
Doubt it.:eek: