PDA

View Full Version : CX and Mumbai

cxpilot
30th Nov 2008, 18:50
Are we flying in and out of Mumbai right now?

AmarokGTI
30th Nov 2008, 21:00
751 went out earlier, just stopping at BOM and DXB though; missing out BKK

2longhk
2nd Dec 2008, 00:22
With the Taj Mahal and Oberoi hotels taken out, the terrorists would never consider our crew hotel as a target. Crew safety our number one concern. Now they think there might be 5 gunman not captured.

indiscipline_girl
2nd Dec 2008, 01:33
the terrorists would never consider our crew hotel as a target

Says who? These lunatics don't care about anyone's life, least of all their own. They are (were) fanatics, and as such will not change their mind nor change the subject (apologies to Sir Winston Churchill).

CX is being completely irresponsible to its crew by continuing to over night in Mumbai, when there is every chance more of these nutters are out there.

EXEZY
2nd Dec 2008, 02:34
I think you'll find he was being facetious. :ok:

indiscipline_girl
2nd Dec 2008, 03:53
oops. yes indeed.

*reminds self not to post when tired and emotional*

CokeZero
2nd Dec 2008, 04:27
But that's the best time to post :)

HeavyWrenchFlyer
2nd Dec 2008, 04:35
Oh please do:ok:
Very entertaining & funny indeed, but see if you can tell us something we don't already know. :cool:

broadband circuit
2nd Dec 2008, 12:05
The 2 hotels hijacked by the terrorists were picked because they were top quality international standard hotels, frequented by the upper crust of Western visitors.

Therefore:

the terrorists would never consider our crew hotel as a target

mephisto88
2nd Dec 2008, 13:28
The 2 hotels hijacked by the terrorists were picked because they were top quality international standard hotels, frequented by the upper crust of Western visitors.

The Oberoi?, top quality??:confused:

If the job the gunmen started was finished by dropping a bomb on the place, you'd do about 50 bucks worth of damage, and that would include the cost of the bomb!
Its a serious dump, although with some fresh air blowing through the bullet holes in the windows, might get rid of that damp musty smell.

Happiness - TOC out of Bombay with dry undies.

indiscipline_girl
2nd Dec 2008, 18:07
It's an odd anomaly that all Indian people refer to Mumbai as a nice place. Of course it is a total shethole for all to see and (hopefully) avoid.

Maybe the gunmen did a public service in the final analysis.

ColonialFlyer
2nd Dec 2008, 19:45
You sure have a dirty mouth for a supposing nice girl flying a nice EWB. Bombay is a **** hole or not, there are people who lost their lives. Please show some respect.

p.s I'm not even Indian. That’s just manners.

indiscipline_girl
2nd Dec 2008, 20:16
people who lost their lives.

Yes. It could have been me and my fellow crew members.

What is your point ?

Fac6
2nd Dec 2008, 22:45
indiscipline_girl said:It's an odd anomaly that all Indian people refer to Mumbai as a nice place. Of course it is a total shethole for all to see and (hopefully) avoid.

Those comments are pretty lame... :=

The Messiah
2nd Dec 2008, 23:38
Yes. It could have been me and my fellow crew members.

What is your point ?
The victims were in fact British and American passport holders who were visiting Mumbai for business and pleasure so what is YOUR point?:mad:

Kitsune
3rd Dec 2008, 06:26
And all the poor bloody Indians that got murdered? Don't they count too? :rolleyes:

weido_salt
3rd Dec 2008, 15:25
I take it from a lot of comments on this thread that Hong Kong is not a :mad:hole. Well it is a :mad:hole, make no mistake.

hawkeye
3rd Dec 2008, 19:59
Flying into both Bombay and Delhi. Additional security not obvious so my guess is it does not exist. Security at hotels still expected to defend us with their bare hands. Delhi hotel has a metal detector at the door. They must expect well behaved terrorists to pass their AK47s through the machines where they can be refused entry rather than storm up the steps spraying full metals at all and sundry.
They are in denial.

The Messiah
4th Dec 2008, 02:34
Interestingly security is not a factor taken into consideration when selecting a crew hotel. The initial group of 5 or so to be considered are purely selected on price only.

doubleu-anker
4th Dec 2008, 04:29
Crews are expendable. Didn't they teach you that in the military? You can all be replaced in a few days as there are lots of pilots unemployed.

Old Fella
4th Dec 2008, 19:51
Vermin seems to have chosen the perfect "pen-name" for him/herself. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

ColonialFlyer
4th Dec 2008, 20:06
Vermin,

That's just wrong on so many levels. This is going to be last time I read pprune for a very long time!

mephisto88
4th Dec 2008, 23:42
Vermin, your name appears most descriptive and probably is quite representative. I hope your comment is purely a wind up, but I suspect not.

If one were to look at the cosmopolitan mix of crew currently flying for cx, you would see it is a veritable United Nations.

I would hazard a guess therefore, that the previous unstated requirement for cx crew to hail from Aus/NZ/UK, or the occasional commonwealth or ex colony(USA!) mongrel, is no longer applied, and has not been so for quite a while now.

And yes, there are a few from the indian sub-continent, some may have lived elsewhere before going to HK, but the ones I have met have been fine gentlemen and good aviators, and unworthy of your subtle inuendos that they are worthy of being cannon fodder in the lands of their ancestry.

As for your comments about England being a white country, the last time I flew into Heathrow, I felt it was me who actually stood out as the odd man out, being somewhat paler than most of the people around me. That place certainly seems to have become a melting pot of many nations.

And as for the use of wog, I have heard it used here dunnunder as a term of endearment to a greek gentleman who was always so well organised, that he was known as a well organised greek, or wog for short. No offence meant or taken.

As an aside, perhaps the Indian shooting problem is spreading. As of 10am Sydney time, Ch9 news in Aus is now reporting shootings at Delhi airport. Collect your ear muffs, wipes and kevlar jacket at flight dispatch......

We might do well to remember the Columbo lessons, it might be exciting to watch a gunfight out of the hotel window, but the potential downside can be significant, just ask the last crew who experienced it - very interesting tales.

Keep your heads down boys and girls and stay safe.

markontop
5th Dec 2008, 01:42
What's black and eats chips? Half of Britain. Boom Boom:8

fly123456
5th Dec 2008, 09:09
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2008/12/04/robertson.mumbai.tense.security.cnn)

Next targets will probably be indian airports.

Why are we still flying (or at least staying overnight) there?

Can't the AOA discuss about something important, for once?

AsiaMiles
6th Dec 2008, 09:45
If you read the background of the threat to Indian airports, it is based on a single e-mail from an unidentified source to an Indian newspaper.

There is time to react to credible information and a time not to over-react to a single unsubstantiated threat. So lets talk logically about the threat to Crew and not add to the scare mongering!

trevfly
6th Dec 2008, 20:29
Whats brown and black all over?

An australian abused Abo.

Gnadenburg
6th Dec 2008, 20:47
You are a dick-head trevfly.

Poor joke, simple, not funny and relies on a racial incorrectness to get a bite.