PDA

View Full Version : Soroti Flying School Is Springing Back

rigs
29th Nov 2008, 17:38
It seems just when we thought that it was over, things are turning around in Soroti flying school. The school has got a new director after the previous one was sacked due to the many scandals under his sleeve.Apparently the government is very concerned with uplifting the academy to its former glory,renovation is about to start in the whole academy and the school is in the process of acquiring new cessna 172's.
It seems things have taken a wild twist for the better.

Capt Megathrust
1st Dec 2008, 15:05
Great news about Soroti. I was taught to fly in Nairobi by one of the founders - Bob McCauliffe in the 60's. What a great guy and what a good instructor. Success to you guys, maybe put my nose around the door oneday and do some instruction for old time's sake. Keep us informed.
:ok:

ugflyer
2nd Dec 2008, 14:15
That is some GOOD NEWS. Last time I was in Soroti must have been about seven years ago. And to say that I was in for the shock of my life is an understatement. I am glad my stay did not last long since all I was doing was getting my FAA conversion to CAA. Not to mention I was straight from Embry Riddle and everything was done different. I will never forget when I showed up for my first flight with my headset in my hand and my instructor proceeds to ask me what it is that I was holding. It was then that he told me I would not be needing it! And off we went.
The school and location, I HATED IT........however the other guys at the school were nothing less of AWESOME!
Hope it gets that much needed facelift.
Things I did while at Soroti flying school;

-Consume lots of alcohol
-Swim with frogs in the dilapidated pool
-Fly a little bit
-Wonder what the :mad: I was doing there
-Consume more alcohol
-Hate life for a short while and then
-more alcohol:ooh:

flux
2nd Dec 2008, 18:52
A very good education then?