PDA

View Full Version : QR BKK Crew Repatriation

oryxbollocks
29th Nov 2008, 15:05
How much longer does the crew stuck in Bangkok have to stay there? Surely a caring company would have flown them out by now so they could be home with their families?

GB

thesilversurfer
29th Nov 2008, 15:26
Hey OB...if you care about the crew so much,why dont you just walk in the fleet office and air your concern...
As far as I know..the company does care for its workers:ok:

A300Man
29th Nov 2008, 16:44
You touched a nerve there, Oryx!

I suppose any Thai nationals on the crews (and there are bound to be some) who have family in BKK will perhaps quite like spending some extended time at home, but not under these circumstances!

Capt Krunch
29th Nov 2008, 18:20
OB:
I suppose you could explain to me how the caring airline could get the crew out of a city where the international airport is closed ?
bus them to another city maybe ( I'd tell them to get stuffed if they gave me that option) but then they would have to arrange for all the pax to do the same.. or should they lauch a aircraft just for the crew ?
QA has already launched a flight into the military airport of Bangkok to effectively rescue some of the stranded REVENUE passengers, as well as crew to operate of course. keep in mind this is also costing the company loads of money in lost revenue as well as crew expence, as i'm sure there are a few folks on day off down there.

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

Desert Whine
29th Nov 2008, 18:51
bus them to another city maybe ( I'd tell them to get stuffed if they gave me that option) but then they would have to arrange for all the pax to do the same.. or should they lauch a aircraft just for the crew ?

EK is about to do exactly that for crew stuck in VTBS. A flight to Phuket or Ubon or Rayong just to pick up crew.

Good luck saying "Get stuffed" to your boss.

FlyingCroc
29th Nov 2008, 18:57
Why can't they send a few airplanes there and pick up the crew and the PASSENGERS? It was reported the Qatar Airways office phone line was dead for several days for the stranded passengers. 5 star service indeed :yuk:

Juzz51
29th Nov 2008, 22:02
EK is about to do exactly that for crew stuck in VTBS. A flight to Phuket or Ubon or Rayong just to pick up crew.

They already did, we got back this morning. Also had a few Hajj passengers come back with us. Picked us up from Utapao Airport, B777-200 landed at 3:30am local time, didn't take off until about 6:30am local time due to waiting for stairs to become available, having to load the baggage into the cargo holds ourselves and trying to squeeze between two parked aircraft either side of us. Interesting times on the ground there.

a345xxx
30th Nov 2008, 00:33
Its real easy to criticize when you don't understand the logistics involved. If u r not happy in QR just leave there r enough whingers as it is!:D

ACMS
30th Nov 2008, 02:14
So far CX has done 2 trips to VTBU in a 777-300 and flown out all it's crew and staff travellers and any revenue pax that we could fit.

Arranged it all in 1 day.

It's not hard.

wee one
30th Nov 2008, 03:16
Just relax guys, it'll all end with a HAPPY ENDING:ok:

oryxbollocks
30th Nov 2008, 03:46
I didn't realise we had so many ignorant and selfish pilots here in QR! Other airlines are getting their staff home while ours leaves them to languish there with NO CONTACT with anyone and some of you think that's ok!

And then there's the idiot pilots like a345xxx who's answer to anyone who dares criticize is to leave! Really?

GB

KRUGERFLAP
30th Nov 2008, 03:54
I have to agree.What this idiot is saying (A345XXX) . I left Qatar already.But stop saying BS

loc22550
30th Nov 2008, 07:01
Typical Poor mangement mentality coming from A345xxx: "take it or leave it!!":uhoh:

Hajj Man
30th Nov 2008, 11:52
It was said. Instead of getting them out of BKK, they are changing them to a different hotel.

Not good and I don't think it is getting better.

HM:ok:

P.Clostermann
30th Nov 2008, 14:17
OB,

are you realy that surprised?

Both by the action of QR as well as by the reaction of some of our colleagues here?

C'mon man, you should know better by now!

I am on your side but I gave up on the solidarity principle. It does not exist overhere mate!

a345xxx
1st Dec 2008, 00:26
what wrong with leaving if you are not happy? a lot of airlines who have allegedly looked after their crew so well unlike QR are out there! with modern tech its not that hard to put in an application!

:cool:

QTRminator
1st Dec 2008, 08:09
Nothing ever improved anywhere, in the long run, by keeping quiet.
Don't you want things to get better in your airline?
Most of us want to improve our situation and our airline and have ideas about how to do that.
Isn't it good if thoose ideas and oppinions come out in the open? I think it is very good.
The first step of changing something is to be aware of the problem, this site gives us that opportunity.
We're all constantly weighing our options on the market, some are leaving and some are staying, all for different reasons.
So please guys, stop this never ending "take it or leave it" nonsense!
We should be thankful for thoose people who dare to speek up, there's to few of them. (Whiners excluded)

a345xxx
1st Dec 2008, 10:23
I agree with the terminator!!! Well said! Its not that I am 100% happy where I am but show me Utopian Airways and I will be the first to join! Until then I intend to make the best of the job I have, its just sad that QR seems to be the target of some undue criticism. Is it perfect of course not but i am grateful for a job and a nice rating! My homeland didn't give me either!

Will I have a job back home... NO! Well maybe if I want to be a SO and do radio work who knows.:ok: