View Full Version : Al Jaber Aviation

mutt
29th Nov 2008, 13:17
Never heard of them, but its nice to see some positive news for a change..

Al Jaber Aviation (Stand No. 415) yesterday unveiled details of its entry into the VIP and corporate aviation market and announced a $1.2 billion investment for the acquisition of no fewer than 21 aircraft. The first of its mixed fleet of large-cabin aircraft will enter service in February 2009 and will be based at the AJA initial base at City Airport Abu Dhabi (the former Al Bateen military air base).

An Embraer Legacy 600 will be the first aircraft to enter the AJA fleet, to be followed by a second of the 13-seat type, plus five 19-seat Embraer Lineage 1000s and eight next-generation Legacy 450/500 mid-sized jets with six to nine seats. Heading the fleet will be four Airbus A318 Elites with 19 seats, to offer unmatched cabin volume and the range to fly nonstop to all of Europe, Africa and Asia. Finally, two Airbus Corporate Jetliners with seating for up to 32 passengers

Mutt

tommoutrie
29th Nov 2008, 13:20
al jabar? thats the evil wizard in Aladin!

FLEXJET
3rd Dec 2008, 08:00
For the time being, M. Al-Jaber owns a Global 5000 through MBI, which, as I understand, replaced N400RG, a 1970 727.

jettgoddess
3rd Dec 2008, 08:21
Not To Be Trusted..............doesnt Pay......:=

LGW Vulture
3rd Dec 2008, 09:17
Well, if Al Jaber and MBI are part of the same deal then this whole deal will be very interesting!

As Jetgoddess has stated above - MBI certainly have previous!!! :uhoh:

approachchecks
3rd Dec 2008, 10:52
Heard that they dont have an AOC yet and some probs with their chief pilot.

I have seen the Global at Luton a few times and have seen their old 727 at Southend a good few years ago.
Did not know thery where they same guy as Al Jaber!

JetPark
4th Dec 2008, 06:45
It is not the same Al Jaber guys. Same name, different person, currently not an aircraft owner.

RMC
6th Jan 2009, 09:48
Does own 46 ships, 1,000,000,000,000,000 land vehicles (possibly got a couple too many zeros there) and is one of the biggest construction companies in the Middle East. Owns the Shangri La franchise in the Middle East and is looking to become the biggest VIP operator (and corporate a/c maintenance provider) in the region.

Has on order 21 Embraers / A318 & A319s. Got a very smart Professor as CEO of the aviation division and it is going to be HUGE.:)

merlinxx
6th Jan 2009, 12:31
RMC you weren't driving the RMC Hawker were you:E

ABO944
6th Jan 2009, 13:13
Has Al Jaber started recruiting yet ? Anyone got some info please?

Cheers

Deep and fast
6th Jan 2009, 13:18
I had an offer from CP at Al Jaber 4 months ago but never had sight of the contract or got a call again. One of our skippers has just moved there and tells me CP was sacked about the same time so maybe I got lost in the transition. To be fair I didn't follow it up for personal reasons.

As always beware new startups.

D and F

RMC
6th Jan 2009, 17:37
Merlin......excellent guess....I was the Flight Test Engineer on it years ago...but I am not Captain Concrete.

Damn fine aeroplane.

Ghengis Cant
6th Jan 2009, 18:45
I would approach with a great deal of caution....something a bit smelly. Certainly unprofessional.

Jobs for this start up were hawked around a couple of months ago by a Jersey based recruitment company I had never previousley heard of then Xenon got hold a few weeks ago.

I know several individuals who were type rated and ticked all the right boxes but never so much as an acknowledgment.............and surprise surprise the jobs have disapeared from the agencies.

A-Z
6th Jan 2009, 22:11
The jobs disappeared from Zenon at the same time that Al Jaber Aviation added a "Careers" button to their web site. My guess is that they didn't see the point in paying an agency to collect CVs once they had enabled their online capability.

alosaurus
7th Jan 2009, 06:28
The AOC target was (and still is as far as I know) next month.
They have a new DFO.
What A-Z says makes a lot of sense. With the package they are offering they don't need a third party anyway.

Fat Clemenza
7th Jan 2009, 09:41
I wouldn't be impressed by those outfits. Press releases are certainly impressive and they all wanna be the biggest and best company in the region...as usual, but...Did they get their AOC? I'm not sure. Have they really setup their ops and ready to run???? I'm not sure. However, what I'm sure of is that these business men are just like spoiled children. The want the best of everything, once they have it, they just screw it...my 2 cents

Big Fat Clemenza

300-600
7th Jan 2009, 10:06
You sound a tad bitter there Fat C!

As it says in their various press releases they have a target to get an AOC before March 2009.

These guys are offering Emb Legacy DECs a much better deal than Fly Dubai is offering to 737 NG drivers (not to mention lifestyle)!

jafar
7th Jan 2009, 13:20
Beware of a start up.

These guys couldn't have chosen a worst timing to start.

The group has lost money in construction like anybody else in the world.

Rumors of stewardess contract being cancelled. Director of training resigned, VP ops fired the next day.

Good luck anyway

Zoyberg
7th Jan 2009, 17:21
"Beware of a start up"

A glass half empty man....

My view would be look at the potential.....the ME corporate market has been expanding at well over 20% recently. Sure it may not continue at that rate...but it sure as hell can support another in the region.

Al Jaber have been through recessions before and not made many wrong choices

Time will tell.

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Jan 2009, 18:55
is currently in Middle East.....

not a million miles from Abu Dhabi, where Al Jaber is based.

I do know that they have a rather rapid turn over in senior staff, even as a new company they should keep pending post holders.

Is the reference to the new DFO, the new / new DFO, or the new DFO. They apointed the new / new one last week.

glf

jafar
8th Jan 2009, 03:04
Zoyberg,

Who said I am a man?

A start up losing two post holder in a week is rather strange don't you think.

AJA has weather crisis but never in aviation.

Remains to be seen if they will succeed AND keep their pilots happy.

Zoyberg
8th Jan 2009, 11:04
Jafar - You said in your first post "these guys (as opposed to guys and gals) could not have chosen a worse time to start". I assumed only a man could come out with such an insult to womankind ;)

At a strategic level good business brains can read across from one industry to another.As you say though we will find out for sure soon enough.

GSA - New DFO started this week.

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jan 2009, 11:21
I wish them well, but as all the ME / UAE start ups, they have great ideas, and no knowledge....when the truth is preseented they react by shooting the messenger.........never mind at least there are no surprises for the experts.

glf

JOB HUNTER
8th Jan 2009, 14:38
Hi everybody,
I received a mail of interest from their Chief Operating Officer, it seems a good chance for me,anybody of you can give some infos about the package (someone says is better than Flydubai) and what do you think about my idea to leave an airline to join an executive company?
Here I have no chance for upgrading and a F/O life is not the maximum if you think I am 33 y.o. and 6000 hrs TT
thanks in advance

CaptainProp
8th Jan 2009, 15:53
No chance of upgrading? How so?

CP

Zoyberg
9th Jan 2009, 13:40
Re. "no knowledge" & "amateur COO"

The website quotes 150 years of aviation experience in their top team.

The COO is one of the best qualified people in the aviation world...he has spent his entire working life in aviation.

King Chav
9th Jan 2009, 14:03
Has the DFO with initials M & P gone then ?

300-600
9th Jan 2009, 14:08
Job Hunter - check your PMs.

King Chav...are you talking obout DFO or someone higher up ?

King Chav
9th Jan 2009, 14:34
DFO is what I is talking aboot

Zoyberg
9th Jan 2009, 17:50
Babylon

- "150 years experience?" - Look at the names on the latest website...add the combined experience up (as I suspect you know them all) and it comes to 150 years.

- In the UK it is not uncommon to leave education after doing A levels at 18 (40 - 18 = 22 years of experience).

- He did not get the title Dr by sticking a bid in on e-bay....and I think if you look at what he lectures on at the local uni you might find he has something to bring to the party.

We all know a number of pilots who have made the transition to be very good COOs...but it is certainly not a prerequisite. Sometimes highly competent pilots are promoted to a position that requires very different skills to their day job...and they just don't cut it.

You do not have to be able to sail through an LPC to project manage start up of a new airline.

Tin hat on.

dc9-32
9th Jan 2009, 18:53
Anyone know where Karim went ?

united
12th Jan 2009, 15:33
a friend of mine go through the interview and the package of the cabin crew is average with most of the top charter companies in dxb. everything went quiet until she was informed that her application was unsuccessful this time :hmm::hmm: Fortunately she had not submitted her notice yet... anybody has any idea what's really happening?? heard most of the management is from amiri flight.

bee s
12th Jan 2009, 15:48
can someone point me in the direction of where to apply for al jaber?

thanks!

godofrock
12th Jan 2009, 19:15
DC9-32, From what I hear, no one cares where he's gone as long as it is far far away. That guy has got such a bad name for himself and word is spreading, and not just in the UAE.

godofrock
12th Jan 2009, 19:27
Hey Babylon. Did you ever get planning permission to install that
1.2m diameter satellite dish to side of your dwelling house???:=

potters tiger
13th Jan 2009, 06:40
Bee S. They have a pretty nice website.you can put your CV on there.

Hold position
13th Jan 2009, 10:58
It’s interesting to see they still don’t have a VPO on there website? Wonder why? I thought they already replaced the resigned VPO? its funny to see an airline management line up with not a single pilot in sight , may be they don’t need any?http://static.pprune.org/images/icons/46.gif.

bee s
13th Jan 2009, 11:51
i cant only find their main website but no link to an aviation website. can you provide a link?

tangocharlie
13th Jan 2009, 14:59
Try this:

Aljaber Group | Careers (http://www.aljaber.com/careers/index.aspx?mnu=car&PriID=30)

Condor
13th Jan 2009, 17:05
ajaprivatejets.com (http://www.ajaprivatejets.com/en/home/index.aspx)

Hold position
14th Jan 2009, 06:55
Little bird tells me that owner of AJA seriously looking at off loading his coming air craft to another operator to manage it for him? Reason being not happy with the way the airline is run. His other option is to have a complete change of the management starting from top to bottom.

Afinehelmet
14th Jan 2009, 19:33
All these negative comments about an airline that hasn't even started operations yet!!!

There are so many arm chair experts out there!! Lets give this outfit a chance to get flying before we slag them off. They might turn out to be OK. Stranger things have happened!!

el sol
15th Jan 2009, 01:26
I hear they've hired a new vpo to replace the previous chap who " didn't work out..."
Maybe this time it will work ???

aerhead
15th Jan 2009, 19:31
Re Al Jaber recruitment:

It is my understanding that only legitimite CV's and credentials should apply for positions within the company - that applies from the top of the company to the bottom. From what I gather they are still recruiting. Can anyone give me any further info?

Cheers :O:O:O

Hold position
15th Jan 2009, 21:22
Interesting to see that some people who life in glass house started to through stones. Careful it may come back to hunt you.

Hold position
15th Jan 2009, 21:40
D head ,I have heard they have all there crew requirement ,but you can still send your cv ,having said that you seems to contradict your self , from one side you tells all about cv requirement then ask for information regarding jobs availability? I guess you need to make up your mined are you in or out?

medriver2008
17th Jan 2009, 07:14
That is a different Al Jaber.The 5000 owner is a Saudi and Al Jaber Aviation is a different guy in the UAE.
Totally different people.

I use to fly the 5000 owner for many years and he is a great guy

potters tiger
22nd Jan 2009, 14:01
Absolutely true Bablyon.....so long as your original CV doesn,t read like a script from Walt Disney!:=...remember pinocchio????

el sol
29th Jan 2009, 11:11
Birdies tell me that aja's new dfo has had enough already ? What on earth's happening at this potentially good operation ? Any info guys/gals ?

Hold position
6th Feb 2009, 08:34
:confused:It’s very interesting as its gone quite since your last post el sol? And yes the dfo has been spotted attending an interview not too far from his present residence in Abu Dhabi!!
And he is not the only one their head of commercial is having enough of it as well ,he is been waiting to have his residence visa done for over six month but the owner don’t want him to be around once they get there AOC .
Shame really because he is the one who is running the airline and him and the COO make a great DR evil and mini Me. To add to the list of suspect the head of ground operation is on the phone every day trying to get back to his old airline, as their new dfo seems to be on the right track and looking to get more aeroplanes this year. AJA,s ground ops manager is very worried he took the wrong job with the wrong airline as his old airline has expansion plans and they will be very hard to beat since they are the best around at the moment.
Last but not least it’s interesting to see the head of flight safety none other than the first officer from easy jet whose short career with them came to an abrupt end ,once his colourful past caught up with him at Bristol airport terminal!!! Best if he takes the easy bit from their web site .aviation is a small world after all.:ugh:

crotchrocket
9th Feb 2009, 10:06
Karim, Will You Get A Life!!!!!!!!!!!

nas1022
9th Feb 2009, 22:57
got interviewed the other month for cabin crew job with AJA, all went well, seems like a nice group of people, but they have strict rules on age so got turned down:{ but still looking so if any corporate fa in ME needed......

wish aja all the luck.

SomeTruth
10th Feb 2009, 10:39
A PPrune Rule:

Be Courteous!
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully... without insult and personal attack.

Babylon & Hold Position are one and the same person as others have alluded to on this thread. The acerbic level of vitriol displayed within this person's posts is a result of being disgruntled with his former employer and ex colleagues for reasons I shall not divulge. His accusations are without foundation and bodering on the libellous, to Babylon / Hold Position I would advise ceasing such defamatory comments, aviation is a very small world.

If anyone wants further info please let me know

el sol
11th Feb 2009, 04:46
Hold position, the DFO you mention, is that the new German chap ?

KhalReblic23
4th Mar 2009, 05:05
hmm, neither of these websites works for me... any word on if they're still recruiting/package/beni's etc?

khaleed
16th May 2009, 06:16
Does somebody can give me some information about Al Jaber Aviation:
- website
- jobs
- salary
- interview
- aircraft -
- is it a good company to work for?
- team member

Thank you
Khaleed

Duck Rogers
16th May 2009, 09:17
http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-flying-ga-etc/352948-al-jaber-aviation-3.html

I'm thinking of disabling the search function :hmm:

the_weakest_link
17th May 2009, 20:48
Duck,

Disabling the search function could be an interesting experiment.......just how many people would notice?!

TWL.

Icemanc
20th Aug 2009, 13:29
I've just received a voice message by Al Jaber HR asking me to speak to them regarding a position of Sales Director.

Thanks to the above threads, I wont be!

Glad I researched them on here first!

naughty but nice
23rd Aug 2009, 07:06
Hi,

I think its awful of them to see your age on your cv, or if not on there they could have asked BEFORE inviting you to interview!
not make you attend then say theres an age limit..they could have saved you AND themselves the time and trouble! :ugh:

hope u find something else..good luck.!

By the way this reply is for NAS1022..

h3dxb
1st Sep 2009, 20:53
I had my interview last wednesday, and I speak only maintanencewise. Looks like future. Good impression and the management team is OK. German as FDM, british as GRD OPS and a great Sri Lankan as MTC. God , he brought me to sweat with his questions :ok:
Think, is sober this plan. Will look what is the financial offer.

rgds

flybutterfly
5th Nov 2009, 17:10
Can you please advise about age requirements for cabin crew? I'd really appreciate it!
Did you apply online? How long after you applied, did you hear from them? How much flying experience do they require? Any special skills (eg: arabic language :})?Thank you!

PS: Not too many questions to answer :E

bigboss_2010
1st Jan 2010, 11:30
hi h3dxb,
are they recruiting techs and engineers at the moment for their aircraft maintenance section?

farfallina
7th Jan 2010, 15:23
Hi,
anyone has some infos abiut this private airlines of Abu Dhabi? Roster, and something else... I know that they dont pay any accomodation there...but you need to provide it by yourself

Gulfstreamaviator
7th Jan 2010, 15:59
there is plenty on the company already.

glf

Klea
7th Jan 2010, 16:24
Use Search Button option and then might find something. :hmm:

And Paramount you applied for are not the first ones recruiting for AJA, Intaway were recruiting for them just a few months ago, looks like they are very picky or just havent started to operate yet and every time theyre just about to start they start recruiting again.

If you are up for VIP go to Amiri Qatar they are desperate to get somebody there as nobody wants the offered few days off a year, but then again, now its about geting a job not getting a dream job, so if you want it then apply not turn away cos somebody offered 6 days off in a row but you aimed for 7 :cool:

bigboss_2010
7th Jan 2010, 17:17
Hi everyone,
anybody has info whether they are recruiting in the maintenance section?

Leading_Edge_190
8th Jan 2010, 14:39
Hi Guys,

Can anyone offer me any information regarding the flight crew contacts?? I've applied for a vacancy. Does anyone out the fly for AJA?

If so what is it like, how much flying are you doing? Whats the FO salary, do they provide accomadation etc etc.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Leading_edge_190 :ok:

feel free to PM me if you prefer.

a380vip
3rd Mar 2010, 08:50
Hi,

Has anyone any info on salary,etc for flight crew.

thanks in advance.

chapman
5th Mar 2010, 19:10
Hi there,

I applied online 1 month ago but still no news from them!
Do you have any news on the Airbus fleet? Chief fleet? Flight ops manager, phone number?..etc...
I'd like to get in touch with them.

Thanks...

:ok:

CaptainProp
5th Mar 2010, 22:14
From EBAN:

Abu Dhabi-based Al Jaber Aviation (AJA) is bringing its first Lineage 1000 into charter operation in April. The company reports "enormous interest" from the marketplace. "It very much supports our decision to be the largest Lineage 1000 operator with a fleet of five of the aircraft," says Dr Mark Pierotti, the company's coo who points out that the company's A318 will also soon be brought into service.

CP

chapman
6th Mar 2010, 07:57
:ok:

thanks a lot

Does Anyboby get more news?

Nicoals
27th Mar 2010, 16:55
Any one have any feedback for the cabin crew interview?

Domingas
8th Jun 2010, 08:55
You must be joking, the Dr. is an x-planning Eng from Amiri flight and never his life held a post higher. He has little experience and very bad reputation. :=

Showbizdolly
10th Jun 2010, 08:50
Word on EY Galley FM is many EY crew have already made the switch to AJA, and so far so good. Apparently those who moved, had handed their cv in personally.
I applied online with no response. Called the given number on the website and can only be directed to mailboxes....

Can anyone shed some light on the situation, whether its a HR contact no or location for drop off.

Thanks

thomasd
9th Jul 2010, 12:19
anybody any concrete info on packages for f/o ?

ERJ145 Driver
24th Aug 2010, 11:47
Hello gents,

I would love to know if AJA is hiring for their Legacy and payscale.

Any info provided is appreciated and better than what I have now (zilch).

Please PM

Thanks in advance

n_sabardin
27th Aug 2010, 07:00
Do you know if they are hiring for Legacy drivers? Their website seems to indicate so but does anyone know of someone actually flying there?

Thanks!
Nick

Iver
5th Sep 2010, 03:53
Any word on Airbus opportunities with AJA? I saw that they added an A318 Elite and will be adding more with ACJs. A good friend was recently furloughed and he has loads of Airbus A320 time.

Any idea about Airbus FO pay, conditions, schedule, etc.? How many additional Elites and ACJs coming on board this year? Also, are the current AJA A318 Elite pilots all former EY pilots or do they come from other operators?

Cheers - PMs also welcome.

BeCareful
27th Sep 2010, 14:12
They fired 2 Airbus pilots because they're not flying. Also, their Embraer 1000 is collecting dust too. Their Legacies seem to be the only aircraft doing any flying...

They're also getting more aircraft. What they're gonna use them for beats me... they can't sell what they currently have.

Oh yeah, and I hear their payroll is inconsistent as well, not because they don't have money, but because of internal politics.

I'd be very cautious about that place...

wingwalker69
30th Sep 2010, 16:29
pppmmber

Of the list below 4 have been fired or "resigned". There are two other high position names which you have not mentioned who were also fired. In all cases the firing was not warranted. They are on their third HFO and Manager inflight services. All this is just ove one year of operation. Says it all really!!

Chief Executive Officer: Mohammed Al Jaber
Chief Operating Officer: Dr Mark Pierotti
Head of Technical: Luigi Fernando
Head of Flight Operations: Juergen Gehm
Head of Ground Operations: Joe Somers
Head of Quality Assurance & Safety: Oussama Salah
Head of Flight Safety: Elliot Webb
Head of Security: Ahmed Abdellatif
Head of Sales & Marketing: Simon D’Oyly
Manager In-flight Service: Lené Jansen van Rensburg
Manager Customer Service: Nabila Merzoug
Manager Stores & Logistics: Charles Perera
Manager Finance and Administration: Rami Haykal
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

wingwalker69
27th Oct 2010, 05:32
Manager inflight services fired last week... now looking for manager inflight services no. 4. Who will be that lucky person????:ugh:

Lancelot de boyles
27th Oct 2010, 10:38
I've been keeping a watch from the sidelines, and wonder what is happening with companies these days, that situations develop so badly. And Al Jaber seem to be (have) fallen into the same traps.

So, as far as I can understand it, in addition to the MIFS just fired
Haven't 2 senior cabin crew resigned?
Engineering manager has resigned?
VPOps is exhausted and frustrated just trying to get crews back money they spend on pre flight groceries etc and is not not getting the support that he should - Likely he'll be next to resign if even the most simple moral requirements are being neglected.
The whole operation is being stuffed by an idiot Lebanese accountant with an MBA from some technical college of little note, assisted by an incompetent and sh*t scared COO.

It's likely that anyone with an ounce of integrity in their position is going to be looking elsewhere.

Certainly, any problems are not isolated to any one department, but reflect on the corporate philosophy of company as a whole, and it's owner/chairman. Is someone trying to 'make rules and policy' that simply can not be reconciled with a modern aviation/business environment? Or has greed taken a role?
It seems there is little regard from that tier of management for the people who actually make it all work. Any company is dependent on the efforts of it's people, and having a turnover of key staff is not confidence inspiring.

JetBroker
29th Oct 2010, 17:38
I'll summarise my and my colleague's views on them "its like Easter, full of bunny"
Steer well clear unless you have time and money to waste!

bigboy891
7th Dec 2010, 19:53
AJA gaved me a call and i am wondering any of you guys has an advice for me?? im currently working with a company with alot of issue's so is this company has money issue's and being late in payrolls?

PPRuNeUser0215
8th Dec 2010, 10:26
Any figures available for Al Jaber.

Got a call too but nothing else.

lionoftheleft
9th Dec 2010, 03:25
Which aircraft type did the 2 of you get call for?

PPRuNeUser0215
9th Dec 2010, 13:48
Actually I was asked to confirm which was I was interested in. The Lineage in my case.

lionoftheleft
9th Dec 2010, 14:03
Are you rated on it? If now are they going to give you a rating?
Was it the DFO or HR called you?
If you are rated you have a chance as the second is coming, when I am not sure.
What is posted a few poste up is true and it is even deeper than that.
Be careful of what you want in the Mid East. All the glitters are not gold.
I wish you good luck.
my friends tell me the pay is ok but the housing is low. Flight pay is not to much.
All the flight cree are nice. How long they will last is another question.

bigboy891
10th Dec 2010, 19:03
Same here they gaved me a call and a application to fell up!! send it but no replay and that was last week!!! as i am flying in the middle east alot i noticed all the companys are running the same policy, late in payment late in perdiem!!!! what is going on in the middle east????? :ugh:

Daifly
20th Dec 2010, 02:42
Al Jaber Group of Abu Dhabi Talks With Lenders About Altering Debt Terms - Bloomberg (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-19/abu-dhabi-s-al-jaber-talks-with-lenders-to-alter-terms-on-debt-facilities.html)

wingwalker69
31st Dec 2010, 04:30
Not surprised at this. I bet AJA account for a big chunk of that money. Go on any flight movement website and see the ratio of flight operated by Royaljet, Falcon or any middle east carrier compared to AJA and you will see the reason they are losing money. They are just NOT flying.
Also not helping the situation is the policy of firing staff, regardless of position if someone doesn’t like your face. This means that the latest "recruits" are either looking for a "small" increase in their pay or simply cannot get jobs anywhere else.

No RYR for me
31st Dec 2010, 10:02
If the number of CV's we receive from competitors is a measure of happines than Al Jaber is a place full off very unhappy bunnies :\

wingwalker69
13th Jan 2011, 17:06
Rumer has it that they are on to Head of Flight Ops No. 5 (after only 19 months of operations) Last HFO was "removed" for reasons undisclosed. Cant see too many candidates lineing up for that one. Seems to have a shelf life of 5 minutes. That place is more entertaining than a soap opera

elmerfud
15th Jan 2011, 18:30
From what i gather this Doctor dunno what he's dooin...and never will..5 Hfo's in 2 years ..dunno how many In Flight Service Managers..given up on the turn over...and this geezer meant to have Phd?hello:ugh:

crotchrocket
19th Jan 2011, 03:39
You are right Babylon but by all accounts the first DFO was a complete idiot who was paid way above his abilities. Having said that the other 3 DFO,s were good guys and did not deserve that treatment.

ANNENE
12th Feb 2011, 16:54
Hi Hi everyone, please please can you tell me whats the workin condition for a cabin crew at AJA??? Any info on pay and company would be very helpfull. Thanks so much.

wingwalker69
15th Mar 2011, 06:10
They are laying people off. Many are resigning and they just announced pay and allowance cuts, accross the board for the unfortunates who have to stay.

wingwalker69
12th May 2011, 21:07
Head of ground ops just left. Been there from the start. Another one that just had enough of the gross mismanagement??? So many casulalties and still the COO remains, but for how long?

wingwalker69
15th Jun 2011, 21:43
Anyone else heard the rumor that AJA has gone in to receivership due to lack of funds? Little or no flights and a deluded COO can do that to an airline. Looks like of the newly arrived "deputy" COO was too late to fix the mess.

Fiero88
16th Jun 2011, 09:29
From a very reliable source I heard that AJA are trying to sell all their aircraft but plan to stay in business as a management company.
Looking at the ambitious business plan they had and its failure, one can question how long it takes before the latest plan will fail as well.
Typical a case of overconvidence by rather inexperienced people who gave the world the impression that they knew it all on how to run such a business.

wingwalker69
16th Jun 2011, 19:25
You may be right Babylon, but they all lasted a lot longer than you. And most of them didnt get fired, unlike you:=o

wingwalker69
18th Jun 2011, 21:27
SO SORRY. Let me clarify. The firsy VPO who you may or may not know, lets call him KAB, was fired after only 3 months for being a useless, mouthy, arrogant egotist who talked himself (in his usual pidgeon english, a lot like yours actually) into the job by pulling the wool over the eyes of an even less competant COO. All I am saying is that good people syayed on to try and make a success of AJA. Thankfully most of these people have moved on to better companies and with better positions where as i believe that the VPO, mentioned above is flying the line with some piddly little company in to his home country of Iraq (formaly known as Babylon):)

Ptimat31
22nd Jun 2011, 17:46
Looks like a nice place to be ?!! So much love in the air :}

dubaigong
22nd Jun 2011, 17:54
If it is the same EW I have known when I was at Flyglobespan , he had really long teeth and managed to go from F/O to TRE in a very short time...

I

LGW Vulture
2nd Jul 2011, 08:06
A318 and Lineage now listed for sale on the open market.

wingwalker69
4th Jul 2011, 08:56
...and all other aircraft orders cancelled. COO bragged "21 aircraft in 5 years" Yeah. right! He got that one quite wrong. Not the best track record for one's CV. Next job? Back to selling ice creams me thinks:p or maybe he can go back to flying Harriers for the RAF:E??????
I still thinks its a shame for the "few" good people still working there. Most of them joined based on the now empty promises of an egotist.

bizjetsurprise
11th Sep 2011, 20:28
I heard that another high level Abu Dhabi local who still has funds may be purchasing Al Jaber Aviation. Dont know where that leaves the aircraft or the staff. I bet there are better things he could be investing in than AJA, but people sometimes just want to own an aviation company, however irrational the business case it.

wingwalker69
12th Sep 2011, 01:20
Sure Bizjet. Theres always someone looking to buy out AJ Aviation but it never happens. I guess they come to their senses after doing a bit of "digging" and realise the mess that it has become! (or maybe they are told that the Dr. comes as part of the deal :yuk:). 2 more "executives" sacked last week, not that they will be a big loss. And as said before, the few good people left are doing their best to get out. Not a company I would want to invest in!

crotchrocket
22nd Sep 2011, 13:27
I know its been said before but I hear that they are really on their last legs. And thats from a source on the "inside"!

cabintrolleydolly
9th Jun 2012, 16:52
I just got called for a interview with Al Jaber Aviation.
Wanted to hear if anybody have any recent news about them.
Any suggestions?

thanks

crotchrocket
10th Jul 2012, 15:29
2 more "HIGH PROFILE" resignations this month. I think all thats left of the original line up are the Invertebrates !

No RYR for me
19th Jan 2013, 05:55
Any updates on what is going on? Who is in and who is out?

bizjetsurprise
20th Jan 2013, 04:18
I see that Al Jaber is still active in the ME charter market, so I guess things are still functioning, despite some of the opinions mentioned in the thread in the past. Would also be interested to hear the inside story update.

d4dispatcher
10th May 2013, 11:19
i hear they are still hanging on, although they a on a very rocky road. they are insisting on staying in the market.. we'll have to wait and see.

Min Drag
21st Dec 2013, 07:43
I see they are advertising for B757 Pilots - anyone got any info on this?

SuperJet
18th Feb 2014, 07:49
Dear All,

Just wanted to let everyone know, unfortunately, Al Jaber Aviation will be defunct and erased within the next 3-4 months.

Processes are now in place to wind up the company.

Aircraft are going to be sold off, and instructions to do so have been issued now at group level.

I would advise that no-one applies there, and those people employed by AJA currently, should start looking for roles elsewhere.

Watch closely, and the higher echelons of the management there will start abandoning ship soon, as the information and realization cascades down from Group level.

Best of luck to the AJA ladies and gentlemen who will need alternative employment soon.

SJ

Hold position
23rd Feb 2014, 14:00
Finally this idiot of CEO, and his clown the head of operation get what they deserve. The head of operations will never get a job in the UK with his hit and run sentenced still on his record.

Bidule
23rd Feb 2014, 15:37
If you mean EW, he now is the CEO for a private operation in Saudi Arabia.

charlie_bravo
25th Feb 2014, 05:02
seems to be true, apparently another long standing captain resigned recently, issues with money and working conditions, rumor has it.

this one is a dying animal waiting to be put out, stay well clear.

Hold position
25th Feb 2014, 12:38
WOW, EW from a sacked FO with easy jet to CEO in few years thats a good going !!!
So as in sinking ship, rats first to jump ship.

Flyingstig
3rd Mar 2014, 20:56
I think you'll find that EW is just down the road in Dubai.
Making an impression too!;)

Airnando
7th Mar 2014, 10:24
"Fired by Easyjet" . "Hit and Run"!
Is there any truth to this?
How did he get CEO job?!

Hold position
7th Mar 2014, 14:38
Only in the UAE he can get it, why do you think he never have any managerial experience any were else? It was allover the Bristol,UK press when he got arrested at the airport.

Flyingstig
8th Mar 2014, 15:43
Hold position.
You certainly don't seem to have a lot 'love' for this guy.
I googled "pilot arrested at Bristol airport" and just got a story about an Aer Arran pilot and possible alcohol problems.

You should be careful making 'suggestions' about another pilot without hard evidence.

Surely his present or previous employer would have asked for a criminal record check?

Meanwhile AJA are still in business!

Airnando
9th Mar 2014, 12:54
I search AJA on Link In and found a EW.
It says he was with FlyGlobespan. I guess after Easyjet.

If He did so bad at Easy, how come he got hired at Globe? Captain and trainer!

Maybe this is just Prune rumour Bullsxxt ?!

Hold position
10th Mar 2014, 03:31
I stand by what I said, as for GSM, certain Captain JF looked the other way when it came to the non discloser.
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TIT FOR TAT, believe it or not, it is up to you. Please explain why he was sacked from easy jet, if you know so much about his past history? He joined GSM as an FO,Enough said.

Howard Johnson
10th Mar 2014, 11:00
Stig and Nando please check your private messages.
Thank you.

Flyingstig
10th Mar 2014, 20:28
HJ,
Got it thanks!

Pretty extraordinary really!
Doesn't anybody check any more these days?

Stig

Airnando
11th Mar 2014, 14:13
Globespan went bust in Dec2009.

Hold Position makes reference to our friend on this thread in Feb 2009.
So he left Scotland having recently become TRE?

I wonder why.

I am not interested in personal attack but pilots in position of authority should be trust worthy I think.

Skyglory
8th Jun 2014, 20:09
Just got to know EW works for CASL, Constellation Aviation Services in Dubai. Apparently it belongs to Constellation Holdings....
Shame on them really!

AEUENG
9th Jun 2014, 17:58
Finger on the pulse there then Skyglory! By all accounts, he's doing very well too, good luck to him, hard work does pay dividends.:D

Airnando
12th Jun 2014, 07:46
So the rumours are true. He does have one friend. Has he offered you a job ENG?
Has he fired an Engineer as well as the cabin crew he got rid of?
Rumour says that the head of CC was conveniently replaced with ex head of AJA CC.
Maybe another friend?

AEUENG
12th Jun 2014, 12:33
@Airnando........

Maybe! I trust you never received an offer then?

Maybe you and your Alter-Ego, sorry "friend", Skyglory can chew the fat over this one whilst watching Me, Myself and Irene, a film you can probably relate to, whilst drinking something sweet to aid your bitterness. :E

Airnando
12th Jun 2014, 15:24
Maybe?
Does the guy you are replacing know he's fired yet? Probably not.

I don't need an offer I am very happy where I am.

I have no idea whom skyglory is, and don't care.

I wish you luck.

It is only rumours anyway!

Skyglory
28th Jun 2014, 22:19
No need to get offended AEUENG, it seems you are taking it too personal...

Teresa21
21st Aug 2017, 13:07
Dear All,

thank you for your posts about AJA.
Does anyone know what is it like to work for them now in 2017?

Thanks in advance! :)

Oh gaim
22nd Dec 2019, 14:31
Anyone else get this email (not sure how they have my address)

Dear Applicant,

Al Jaber Aviation (AJA) in Abu Dhabi , United Arab Emirates is now recruiting experienced and skilled candidates, Pilot , Captain and Cabin Crew vacancies .

To apply for this opportunity, please send us your updated CV .

Also answers the below online questionnaire :

what three specific job positions do u target from the company ?:

What is your Current Salary ?:

What are your Salary Expectations in United States dollar ?:

What is your Full Name ?:

What is your Nationality ?:

Best regards,

Suliman Saleh Alnamlah / Recruitment Manager
Al Jaber Aviation

SuperJet
22nd Dec 2019, 14:42
Anyone else get this email (not sure how they have my address)

hi.

I'd.be most interested in this. I have never heard of this person. Despite AJA having useless staff in the admin and hr areas, even by their usual standards, that email is written terribly. Bad grammar is one thing, but emailing someone and THEN asking their name!? And to my knowledge, they havent been hiring for many years. I doubt they have the fleet or business to be in a position to be recruiting. Send me a private message if you would like to further discuss.

Cheers

SJ.

safelife
22nd Dec 2019, 17:21
Got this eMail too, never applied to them (I believe).
Used an eMail address of mine with I used (only) for latestpilotjobs.com -- so it might be from their database.
Sender is recruiter.ajaprivatejets (ät) gmail døt com
FWIW

whisky777
23rd Dec 2019, 08:28
AJA closed down at the beginning of the year... one aircraft sold and the other for sale. Definitely not recruiting, all staff elsewhere now or still looking for work. The email is a scam, even some ex-employees got this email!

kariz37
24th Dec 2019, 21:11
Oh gaim This is a scam. They sent me a phony contract and when I called them some guy with a Nigerian accent tried to convince me to pay them. Don’t be fooled by this fxxx!!!:mad:

revertedrubber
25th Dec 2019, 07:13
I even got a job offer instructing me to contact Salem Travel Agency to organise and pay for my visas first!

safelife
4th Jan 2020, 16:35
Got another email from them today.
Same text as before, subject "offer".
:confused:

Aso
6th Jan 2020, 11:48
That is the scam part: instructing me to contact Salem Travel Agency to organise and pay for my visas first! Then once you done that phase two is getting you to pre pay your typerating....

Let me know if you plan to go ahead and send me the typerating for ehhh well ehh safe keeping :}

Klimax
7th Jan 2020, 15:41
Got another email from them today.
Same text as before, subject "offer".
:confused:

Yes, the clowns are out again, I also got another email the other day.

Sheat
12th Jan 2020, 21:25
Dear All.
Thank you for your comments and information provided. I have also got sūce email. Very strange, that email went from unofficial address. So, now I happy to,know that it is scam and you all just confirmed that!
BR

Xfeeder
21st Jan 2020, 12:14
Yeah I got the job offer also.
22,000 USD per month, three months paid upfront...
"congratulations on your emergence" ! LOL

Aso
22nd Jan 2020, 06:58
Can somebody who got the email go along with it and scam the scammers? See what they ask and act like they believe them?

Klimax
22nd Jan 2020, 08:20
Can somebody who got the email go along with it and scam the scammers? See what they ask and act like they believe them?
I´ve done this in the past with the usual suspects (Nigerians) and it was mostly entertaining doing. The losers got upset (pretended to be so at least!) by certain things (they are obviously following a good guy bad guy script!) and started giving instructions. I mostly did my email responses while in the toilet doing (other) things. What a sad existence these little clowns have for life.

requesting.direct
17th Feb 2020, 14:45
I've got this offer aswell. Got contacted via email to send them my CV and I only asked them for more information, when they sent me a whole contract with my name, my aircraft type (737) and about 12k salary. Very sketchy indeed. Anybody who played along?

requesting.direct
17th Feb 2020, 15:02
Oh and another thing, I've received their email soon after making an account on Latestpilotjobs. So here's that, this is where they got our emails.

Oh gaim
7th Mar 2020, 09:37
Well this sounds a bit familiar 🤪🤪

Dear Candidate ,

Aerovista is now recruiting experienced and skilled candidates for the

position of Pilot , Captain , Cabin Crew , First officer , TRE and TRI ..
Aerovista is an aircraft leasing, trading and management service

provider with its headquarters in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
To apply for this position , please send us your updated CV .

Also answers the below online questionnaire :

What is your three specific job positions you target from the company ? :
What Is Your Current Salary ? :
What are your salary expectations per month in United States Dollar ? :
What is your Full Name? :
What is your Nationality?:

Yours sincerely,
Daniel Ahmed / HR Director
Aerovista FZE
Prime Tower - 6C Marasi Dr - Dubai (x-apple-data-detectors://0/1)

JettJockey
8th Mar 2020, 12:41
Scam for sure, most likely to cash in on VISA payments and more...
SCAM Indicators:

No screening whatsoever
Salary is not market conform for ACMI
the website connected to the email adress is inactive
The email adress of the ( so called ) VISA agency is suspiciously not linked to any domain name
The properties of the pdf of the contract is "Aspen Healthcare Limited", which pops up as another Fake Job Scam from 2012

requesting.direct
9th Mar 2020, 00:17
I asked Latestpilotjobs team about it and they've confirmed it's a scam.